F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m new here.

I’m in love with the F150 and I’m buying one. I like the 3.5 ecoboost quite a lot. Although I live in Europe and I need to convert to LPG.
I was at a car dealer the other day, and he said the 3.5 ecoboost has huge problems running on LPG. Because it is turbo charged. And things don't work well with that engine and LPG. Something about durability.
Can you help understand what’s that about?

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
511 Posts
LP is not a popular fuel option here in the US with the exception fixed route delivery vehicles as fueling stations for LP are not readily available. I don't remember any discussion of LP fuel conversions on this forum. Quest on, best wishes.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My 2011 Eco (bought Nov 2011) has been running on CNG (natural gas) since June 2012. I have had zero issues related to the natural gas. Propane (LPG) conversions are similar in installation and operation (slight equipment differences). My ECO has additional injectors (2) that activate based on boost pressure. I have 6 injectors that operate as a port injection system.

Check out Ecofuel.com. They make the kit that I have and they also do propane conversions. In the U.K. there is a company called tinleytech.co.uk They do LPG conversions and sell kits and parts. There's another Europe based company prinsautogas.com that sells systems. There are many more.

Turbocharged engines and DI engines run very well on CNG and LPG. You just need to find the right installer with the knowledge and tuning skills.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
dutch71
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing