F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Turbos, IMO are a pain in the @$$. Get yourself a 19mm box wrench and cut the center of the round end out so you can get it around them. I made my wife come out and help me put them back on, she's got tiny arms and I needed them to get the oil line bolts back in while I held the turbo in place.

·
Registered
125 Posts
UGHHHH that sound is amazing... Hopefully these will hold up better than the BatMoWheels in the diesel world. Even thought they are "pre-balanced" there were a lot of BatMoWheels taking out turbos... One even jetted out the downpipe.

·
Registered
932 Posts
When and if I do ever pick these up, I will still have my local turbo shop balance the CHRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
UGHHHH that sound is amazing... Hopefully these will hold up better than the BatMoWheels in the diesel world. Even thought they are "pre-balanced" there were a lot of BatMoWheels taking out turbos... One even jetted out the downpipe.
There are alot of BatMo Wheels out there. Like everything, sometimes things fail. That doesn't necessarily mean that the wheel is what failed. People have a habit of blaming the last thing they did as the cause, but they fail to mention other key factors. Like the turbo had 120,000 miles and had never been rebuilt. If it had was it rebuilt right? If a cartridge bearing fails it doesn't matter what wheel is on there its going to trash it. There are alot of factors that is not the wheel itself that are more likely to wipe out a turbo. (Over Torque, Under Torque, no Torque etc...). These wheels are neutral balanced. The Compressor side is not as sensitive to balancing as the Turbine(Hot Side) is.

As far as the wheel shooting out the downpipe, it would be attached to the rest of the cartridge, because in relation to the downpipe the BatMo Wheel is on the front of the turbo and the downpipe in on the back. So it would have to travel the length of the turbo and everything insdei of the turbo to exit the downpipe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice Adrian, so what tune is Pete running at the track then?
Hey everyone just signed up on the site . The truck has a Unleashed tune in it . Will be going up on the 22nd for dyno and fine tuning the set up.

The truck has had a Unleashed tune in it from day 1. When I set the record over a year ago it had a Unleashed tune on the 1st pass, but had a custom tune from my buddy Willie on the 2nd pass which set the record. This was only because I was able to change the shift points on Willie's tune which made a bigger improvement. In the last year a lot of progress has been made in tuning these trucks and some big power has been made . The truck has been on Torrie's tune ever since the day after I got back from the track and I have updated it only one time . The wheels are the 1st of a few things we have planned for the truck in 2014.

Pete

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey everyone just signed up on the site . The truck has a Unleashed tune in it . Will be going up on the 22nd for dyno and fine tuning the set up.

The truck has had a Unleashed tune in it from day 1. When I set the record over a year ago it had a Unleashed tune on the 1st pass, but had a custom tune from my buddy Willie on the 2nd pass which set the record. This was only because I was able to change the shift points on Willie's tune which made a bigger improvement. In the last year a lot of progress has been made in tuning these trucks and some big power has been made . The truck has been on Torrie's tune ever since the day after I got back from the track and I have updated it only one time . The wheels are the 1st of a few things we have planned for the truck in 2014.

Pete

Care to share those shift points? I am debating which is better on SSI 6100 or MPT 5700

·
Registered
34 Posts
The more power your making the shorter the shift points need to be . Go to the track and make a pass if you see that your shifting on top of the finish line in the 1/4 you may need to shift sooner in order to get into 4th gear and pull 4th thru the stripe. My Nitrous tune shifts around 5700 to 5800. The more power the more the tranny takes longer to complete the shift. What I mean is if your commanding it to shift at 5700 it may complete the actual shift at 6000.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is the dyno from yesterday with Torrie from Unleashed Tuning.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OMG , Why cant I attach pictures to my post what the H%^& is going on .

Pete

·
Registered
838 Posts
21 - 40 of 88 Posts