F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Breaking the 12s is definitely a task . These trucks are heavy and with all that tq traction is the biggest issue. I think with Drag Radials I can brake boost off the line maybe 10 psi's , if so it should be in the 12.80s .
Only problem is I don't have spare wheels or DR's. lol. MPT is also going with the Bat Mo wheels so they will be hard to catch. The next issue I see will be drivetrain drive shafts and axles.

For those that do not care much for racing, the wheels do improve low end tq.

Pete.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I already thought of that but don't think it will help. As it is right now I brake boost and see 10 psi's easy. I think a converter will make it worse meaning too much to fast. Might start breaking things out back.

Pete

·
Registered
750 Posts
Interesting. I like the numbers a the top end but like most said I would love to see a write up for the install. It could be a nice weekend project it just seems tedious more than difficult.

Reactions: Pinero61

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting. I like the numbers a the top end but like most said I would love to see a write up for the install. It could be a nice weekend project it just seems tedious more than difficult.

I will let Willie and Adrian at MAK know , see what can be done.

Pete

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
No torque convertor pete? I think one of us are due for one to see how they respond
From what I'm seeing they won't respond well to our trucks due to the power band, but since nobody's done it yet, it's still a mystery.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
From what I'm seeing they won't respond well to our trucks due to the power band, but since nobody's done it yet, it's still a mystery.
Someone could call and ask for Chris at Circle D Specialties...he's a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Someone could call and ask for Chris at Circle D Specialties...he's a wealth of knowledge.
I believe he was the proverbial horse's mouth in this case.

I'll see what I can find.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Nice numbers, I saw this on Torrie's facebook just didnt' associate it with you Pete. Loving the way the curves look on that sheet.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Somehow I missed these numbers yesterday. Great job for being fuel only. Love to see what you can do with meth injection or like we discussed, use your E85 stand alone system to spray fuel under boost (replacement for meth). You will see the STFT go negative (-28% max if I remember right) to achieve commanded AFR. This way you can run some additional timing as well. :)
Heck try mixing 50/50 E85 in main tank and spraying stand alone as a supplemental fuel for probably another 60-80HP on top of where you're at. I'm still hoping to see 500WHP on stock turbos this year on straight E85 in wife's truck, just gotta finish up all the fuel stuff we're expecting to have ready this year. :D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
^^^Hurry up with the fuel will ya!

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Somehow I missed these numbers yesterday. Great job for being fuel only. Love to see what you can do with meth injection or like we discussed, use your E85 stand alone system to spray fuel under boost (replacement for meth). You will see the STFT go negative (-28% max if I remember right) to achieve commanded AFR. This way you can run some additional timing as well. :)
Heck try mixing 50/50 E85 in main tank and spraying stand alone as a supplemental fuel for probably another 60-80HP on top of where you're at. I'm still hoping to see 500WHP on stock turbos this year on straight E85 in wife's truck, just gotta finish up all the fuel stuff we're expecting to have ready this year. :D

The fuel stuff is coming along. We have been in contact with a few companies so we know its in the works, just a matter of time.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The fuel stuff is coming along. We have been in contact with a few companies so we know its in the works, just a matter of time.
I have some secret squirrel stuff I'm working on with a partner, will work well as a stand alone product or in conjunction with the HPFP upgrades coming soon.
:)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I send customers to chris on a regular basis.... Half of my transmissions built use his converter.... But.. If traction is a factor then the converter will just make it worse... Gotta run a slick at that point....

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I have some secret squirrel stuff I'm working on with a partner, will work well as a stand alone product or in conjunction with the HPFP upgrades coming soon.
:)

He's not saying much, but I've sorta put the pieces together, and am excited to see it in action....

·
Registered
247 Posts
I already thought of that but don't think it will help. As it is right now I brake boost and see 10 psi's easy. I think a converter will make it worse meaning too much to fast. Might start breaking things out back.

Pete

Holy cow. Maybe I need those wheels after all, I only see 1.8 PSI max brake boosting around 2200rpm

·
Registered
34 Posts
We did that already and that was one of the issue's we discussed . There is also another idea I have about converters with this set up , but Im not going to say anything about it at this time.

Pete

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
34 Posts
He's not saying much, but I've sorta put the pieces together, and am excited to see it in action....
Seem's like we all have secrets , I have discussed with Willie and Adrian about a fuel system for the nitrous that will look factory . Willie had the idea in his head and we tossed around some idea's and maybe after Bradenton We will redesign everything . Just didn't have time to get it done now.

Pete

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Seem's like we all have secrets , I have discussed with Willie and Adrian about a fuel system for the nitrous that will look factory . Maybe after Bradenton We will redesign everything . Just didn't have time to get it done now.

Pete
I don't, I just hear things....lol

61 - 80 of 88 Posts