F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
my lord, this is going to rank up there as one of the coolest builds and daily drivers....... even better than my 66 i had with a 12v cummins swap...

·
Registered
48 Posts
my lord, this is going to rank up there as one of the coolest builds and daily drivers....... even better than my 66 i had with a 12v cummins swap...
Thanks!
Simply too much going on to get much done!
Recently bought #4 of only 5 being sold 450/510 Raptor Crate Engines
It's going in my 1966 F100 Short Bed.
Plan is to run a Stock PCM and the 10R80 auto
Should be a fun toy with expected curb weight around 3700 lbs maybe less.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's going to be awesome. Hope you take us along as you progress.
I will try to keep up on posting as things progress. I do post a lot on my Instagram as so quick n easy to post from phone.

I like the Grabber/70Mach name.
My first car was a Grabber Blue 1970 Boss 302. Then a ‘70 SCJ 4:30 auto Mach 1, and a couple hundred Ford & Merc’s Since.

This truck was powered by a dual quad 482” FE.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Ha! Thanks!
It’s been a while since last post as difficulty’s signing in.

I have 8+ very major projects going at once and working alone part time when I can it seems stuff drags on forever!
Have you seen my projects build thread? It’s around 2.6 million views now.
I try to follow but don't post much. You have some very awesome projects, thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Underside is done, the engine and transmission are mounted, most underhood stuff has been fitted. The 2018-20 Raptor Condenser, radiator and fans fit great on the '66 Core support. A little massaging on the inner fenders.
Even the stock Intercooler and tubes hot n cold fit fine with no mods.

Next week I start on the wiring. Will be adding a few wanted items like Cruise Control, Trip meter, TPMS and a bunch of USB ports for the Lower 48 state trip being planned now.

Excitement building to see how a tuned raptor engine with a 10R80 and only 3700 lbs. (Target weight). Because of the lightweight tire wheel package 7th gear on dyno should not be an issue. Running 3.50 gears.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Update some pics too?

Kinda getting excited myself

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts

Engine, Trans and driveline installed and complete.

Couple more Ecoboost projects. (4 of them currently) Truck on left is a factory 1966 F100 4x4 with the 2.7 EcoBoost. Truck on right is a 27 mile 2018 F150 chassis which will be getting 1966 sheet metal up front but plan is to build a aluminum camper on frame & maintain the 145" WB. Then I can use all the low mile parts. It's 9'3" from back of cab to back of frame. It will get the 27 Mile 3.5 Eco & a 10spd. This truck will have all the goodies it has max tow package 2 rear cameras. Locking diff, brake controller, backup trailer assist etc.

281 - 300 of 330 Posts