F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

301 - 320 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts

new wiring harness that will feed the fuel pump control module, trailer harness, fuel pump, evap canister & both rear cameras.
This is for the Orange truck raptor crate swap. I strip them down to this point then next step is remove all wires that will not be used.

Engine and trans fitted and with power steering pump installed from a 2018 Ford Transit.

Hot n cold side turbo along with stock intercooler fitted.

2018-20 Raptor Radiator, Cooling Fans & Condenser fitted to the 1966 Core Support.

Engine bay filling up fast! But, all factory parts fitting so far!

·
Registered
48 Posts

Building a custom fuel tank which is 27 gallons. This should be very close to stock 26 Gallon tank so my Trip meter functions properly. I will maintain all emissions functions including the evap canister which is already installed.

Goal for curb weight is 3700 lb or LESS.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Intercooler fitted. I can even use the stock 2018-20 Lower mounting bracket trimmed on one end. I will build a aluminum scoop under bumper to help direct air.

Stock instrument cluster will go away in favor of the '18 Donor I will fit into another '66 dash bezel if possible.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
You are amazing!

I gotta admit that down where I'm at, sitting at the small town traffic light in that F100 would draw a ton of waves, smiles, and honks from my peers. (old guys in their work trucks)

But it would be icing on my cake to have a QUIET 2.7 or 3.5 suddenly just whooooooshhhhhhh away. Zero V8 sound would be a heck of a head scratch!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
You are amazing!

I gotta admit that down where I'm at, sitting at the small town traffic light in that F100 would draw a ton of waves, smiles, and honks from my peers. (old guys in their work trucks)

But it would be icing on my cake to have a QUIET 2.7 or 3.5 suddenly just whooooooshhhhhhh away. Zero V8 sound would be a heck of a head scratch!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I initially was going to use 2 factory F150 Mufflers but found a HUGE rats nest inside of one including a dead rat and a gallon pail of rat poop. Because of cost and few $ I decided to keep exhaust from 427 FE and just re-route tailpipes to clear then new fuel tank.

Very curious as to what it will sound like. If it sound really bad I may try to add double F150 Mufflers if I can get them to clear. It should make for a interesting sound either way. I had hoped to get truck up n running this month but not looking good at this point.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
man, wow is all I can say

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Are you running the Ford control pack in this one or did you run all the stock gauges etc again?

Reactions: EcoBoostedF100

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
That is just S T U N N I N G

I admit that I completely forgot about this build. Thanks for making the effort to pop in and update. Mixing my childhood memories and my current day experience in one package is amazing. So unique

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Glad you made it home and got back to working on the cool stuff again 👍🏻 Always good to see your post

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks all for the comments!
I put the truck on scales today and its 3757 lbs as it sits. A few things to add and a few things to take away and it now has at least 15 gallons of fuel in midship tank. I will mostly run with Rear tank. Midship tank will be reservoir for long trips.
2094 lbs on front tires and 1663 on rear.
LF 1008 RF 1086
LR 830 RR 833
Most of weight being added will go on rear of truck.

If I can hit the 600/600 HP/TQ numbers at tire on E50 I think it will run pretty good with the 10R80, 3.50 rear gear and a 27" tall tire on lightweight wheels. Rear tires are 285/40-18 and could probably fit 295 or 305's

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Sleeper?

5.6lbs per Hp

Yea, I'd say so. Especially if you hide the exhaust sound as well as Ford has.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sleeper?

5.6lbs per Hp

Yea, I'd say so. Especially if you hide the exhaust sound as well as Ford has.

Exhaust sound will be well hidden! Exhaust I built a few years back is very close to new setup on the 2021 Raptor. Initial startup it sounded pretty good very neat exhaust note and pretty quiet. I may add additional muffler right before turndowns in tailpipes. Pipes are 100% hidden too unless you crawled underneath to look. Can't wait to actually be able to drive it!

301 - 320 of 330 Posts