2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,106 Posts
Again, that is just stunning!

So meticulously right.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
What a beaut. I'd love to ride shotgun in that thing. Who's tuning it?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
stunning!

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Started at page 1, these trucks are incredible!! Also following the thread.
Slow progress but progress. Doubtful I will make the April 10th goal now for the Pro Touring Truck Shootout . . Still trying. This would have been much much easier if it were a new build vs a truck that was done just needed the "Upgrade" from a FE. Trying to not drill more holes and making all the Raptor parts fit underhood has been a huge chore. Took hours just to figure out how to mount the FBW throttle using existing holes in firewall but yet get it in proper spot. Dash cluster now in and finalized, throttle in so I can now figure out exact wire routing. One of the largest wire connectors drivers side only has 2 wires in it for fuel gauge. I will have to move them to another connector that has a smaller lead on other end for the FBW. Most underhood stuff now fitted but inner fenders and core support need final metal finishing and paint.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you going to do a 7.3 swap at all?
If I found one cheap enough I might consider one in my 1965 F600 or my 1966 N700 Crew Cab but would much rather do a 2020 or newer 6.7 Power Stroke first. Cost would be about the same and much better choice. A 7.3 Gas would like to do on someone else's dime not mine in a smaller truck. I think I for sure know how to make it work on stock PCM not sure what all the fuss is about.

Much better chance of a PowerBoost swap than a 7.3 godzilla

Hoping to have this Raptor swap first test drive by next weekend. Not quite sure if I will make GoodGuys tho

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
If I found one cheap enough I might consider one in my 1965 F600 or my 1966 N700 Crew Cab but would much rather do a 2020 or newer 6.7 Power Stroke first. Cost would be about the same and much better choice. A 7.3 Gas would like to do on someone else's dime not mine in a smaller truck. I think I for sure know how to make it work on stock PCM not sure what all the fuss is about.

Much better chance of a PowerBoost swap than a 7.3 godzilla

Hoping to have this Raptor swap first test drive by next weekend. Not quite sure if I will make GoodGuys tho
A junkyard 7.3 will be cheaper than a powerstroke..?

BTW, what pcm are you using to control the ecoboost? What do you use to control 6r80 or 10r80?

·
Registered
64 Posts
A junkyard 7.3 will be cheaper than a powerstroke..?

BTW, what pcm are you using to control the ecoboost? What do you use to control 6r80 or 10r80?
6.7 power stroke about same cost as the 7.3 gas. Too many people wanting the 7.3 for swaps and very few are 4x2.

I always use stock PCM's. This year (2018) the 3.5 Eco Used a separate Transmission Controller so I am using that from donor truck also. Getting very close to wrapping stuff up underhood. Painting inner fenders and core support today and tomorrow then hoping To have front clip back on by Friday afternoon. Lots to do yet but may sneak in that first test drive prior to front sheet metal. Just need core support and inner fenders to hold it all together.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Painting inner fenders and core support today and tomorrow then hoping To have front clip back on by Friday afternoon. Lots to do yet but may sneak in that first test drive prior to front sheet metal. Just need core support and inner fenders to hold it all together.
You better touch up these tiny frame scuffs while you're in there, or @WooBoost won't be able to sleep tonight lol! :ROFLMAO:

321 - 340 of 354 Posts