F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
361 - 380 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
A work of art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hey that's my middle name!

Yesterday I took truck to it's first outing to a local cars n coffee. Mostly big $ cars but they allowed me to enter show as in the past I had donated to one of their charities.

Just hanging around and I see this gorgeous new Ford GT pull up. A bit later I wander over and take a bit of video and a few pics. Later on there is a guy and a teenage son checking out the truck. We get to chatting and he says "when I first saw your truck I really really liked it but when I saw what was underhood I realized it is same basic engine in my car" Figuring the SHO taurus was a thing of the past I asked him "which car is yours" He points over and says "The GT over there"! He then says Your truck is my favorite vehicle here! WOW, A GT owner that is total down to earth. Even though it was 100+ deg out and quite humid we chatted for a good hour or more. He then pulled the GT over by the truck for a photo op! Exchanged info and are planning a bit of ride/drive swap! He actually called and spoke or texted the GTService center that is only one local & also in the works to bring truck over there for them to check out!

There were more people around my truck than most of the other HIGH $ cars and of course the GT stole the show.

Quick vid I put together. Happy 4th!

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,805 Posts
I'm astonished ! Super cool ! 👏

Reactions: EcoBoostedF100

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Looks good and looks even better all cleaned up and getting 24mpg!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks good and looks even better all cleaned up and getting 24mpg!
did a 125 mi loop this morning and it was a solid 25.7 mpg @ 65 mph cruise. It dropped a bit after being a bit of happy throttle getting around a semi and getting stuck at a couple very long traffic lights. Still saw 25.0+ for the 125 mi loop.

hoping to do a few 0-60 mph runs yet this morning but pretty warm out already.

any guesses to 0-60?

·
Registered
88 Posts
100+ deg outside but did a 0-60 run
on n off the throttle the accel run appears more off throttle than on and it still ran 4.93 0-60
Left off shy of 1/8 mi but it still went 8.61 @ 85.13 in 1/8.

Too much tire spin and wheel hop for decent run along with too much traffic.

zero clamps holding rear leafs together. Enough excuses for a bad run?

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,805 Posts
What kind of rear axles ? Need limited slip ? Traction bars ? Still pretty fast !

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
hoping to do a few 0-60 mph runs yet this morning but pretty warm out already.

any guesses to 0-60?
Not even going to try to guess.
We all know what's under the hood and can SEE what it's toting on its back. I figure the challenge is going to come down to actually getting all the available torque to the tarmac.

That truck has gotta be a blast to roll in.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
What kind of rear axles ? Need limited slip ? Traction bars ? Still pretty fast !
9” diff upgraded to Nodular center, 4340 chromemoly axles 31 spline. Has locking diff.
it actually hooks up better than anything else I have had out of 300+ vehicles but I had spring pack apart and never put clamps on leafs even tho bought them. It just makes that much torque with a short 27” tall tire and a lot of spring wrap because of no clamps. Won’t take much to get it to hook.
Partial on & off throttle 4.93 to 60 is quite good really. I think runs in the 3’s possible without a power change.
I just wanted to share what a botched run was!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not even going to try to guess.
We all know what's under the hood and can SEE what it's toting on its back. I figure the challenge is going to come down to actually getting all the available torque to the tarmac.

That truck has gotta be a blast to roll in.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
build is as long distance cruiser but for sure need to tinker with it.
job like this pretty overwhelming for one man band with so much else to do.
Once dialed in a TRX should be easy prey!

right now it’s not proper tuned. Over next few days will do data logging get tune proper. On total base 91 tune now. It should really rip when it gets turned up on E50! I think another 100hp to add yet. All for Mpg of course! 😆

·
Registered
88 Posts
If I can get 25.7 mpg on base 91 octane in trailer tow mode it should do well in economy mode on 91.

would like to see 20 mpg @ 60-65 mph on E50.
I think that’s easily possible.
Truck is like a brick and mpg drops a lot for every 5 mph over 55.

as long as it equals MPG of wife’s car I will be good!
(accountant)

·
Registered
2014 Ingot Silver SCrew FX4 MaxTow
142 Posts
I can’t find the words to describe how awesome this truck is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
bit at a time but now have TPMS system working.
I can also read Tire Temperature from my laptop.
watching both I can see it’s now time to align front end as LF tire temp & pressure goes higher than others!
next up is to cross-mix old with new for AC.

I now have 700 test miles! Have not figured out why it's stuck in tow mode yet. So much to these systems to adapt to a 55 yr old truck but closing in on it.

Speedometer Motor vehicle Car Gauge Automotive design

361 - 380 of 394 Posts