F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
381 - 394 of 394 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Hey that's my middle name!

Yesterday I took truck to it's first outing to a local cars n coffee. Mostly big $ cars but they allowed me to enter show as in the past I had donated to one of their charities.

Just hanging around and I see this gorgeous new Ford GT pull up. A bit later I wander over and take a bit of video and a few pics. Later on there is a guy and a teenage son checking out the truck. We get to chatting and he says "when I first saw your truck I really really liked it but when I saw what was underhood I realized it is same basic engine in my car" Figuring the SHO taurus was a thing of the past I asked him "which car is yours" He points over and says "The GT over there"! He then says Your truck is my favorite vehicle here! WOW, A GT owner that is total down to earth. Even though it was 100+ deg out and quite humid we chatted for a good hour or more. He then pulled the GT over by the truck for a photo op! Exchanged info and are planning a bit of ride/drive swap! He actually called and spoke or texted the GTService center that is only one local & also in the works to bring truck over there for them to check out!

There were more people around my truck than most of the other HIGH $ cars and of course the GT stole the show.

Quick vid I put together. Happy 4th!

Well deserved attention I would say! Such a cool build!

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
I've already raved about it, but that walk-around is just an amazing reveal. The setting, the lighting, the audio..... Stunning!

Purs like a kitten. Runs like a Cheetah!

Ford should do a write up on this truck in their monthly marketing release. That truck and your vision of yesterdecade/today is priceless Ford material. Just amazing.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've already raved about it, but that walk-around is just an amazing reveal. The setting, the lighting, the audio..... Stunning!

Purs like a kitten. Runs like a Cheetah!

Ford should do a write up on this truck in their monthly marketing release. That truck and your vision of yesterdecade/today is priceless Ford material. Just amazing.

runs good! Been a lot of rain so haven’t driven it much. Things finally dried up bit cooler weather. Monsoon season may be over.

getting it dialed in on 91 then the E50tuning can begin! Will be interesting to find how much more power Mike @ MPT can deliver. I had some pretty lofty goals for it so will see how it does on E50

would love to see 100 mph in the 1/8 mi.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
The setting and the truck are pure harmony.

·
Moderstrator
3,485 Posts
Phenomenal truck. If I might ask without being rude, why did you opt for the gas tank in the OE location?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Phenomenal truck. If I might ask without being rude, why did you opt for the gas tank in the OE location?
That is the stock tank to make truck "appear" stock. Proper gas cap & all.
I built a custom 27 gallon fuel tank in rear out of 5052 Aluminum and it houses the Raptor fuel pump. It is also a capless fill like a stock F150 which is hidden behind the license plate. With this setup I can go 600 miles plus on a single fill.

The "stock" tank behind seats (this will get covered in carpet like on a factory '66 Ranger) it's a 19 gallon and it is for a "reserve" tank for those trips 900+ miles before a fill is needed. Aeromotive helped design a system where when needed I can fill this tank then transfer as needed to rear tank. It includes a shut off valve so I will not get a check engine light as it's full emissions compliant. Evap canister etc. The aux system is fully completed but needs to be powered up. Plan is to use it when I switch over to E50. This system may also be used when I want to switch between 91 & E50

If you look close or in other vids you will see the large 27 gallon main tank behind rear axle

·
Registered
113 Posts
Excellent build! I love keeping the vintage look but upgrades here and there. That’s what I did with my 67 Mustang GT Fastback but this is a whole new level!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Excellent build! I love keeping the vintage look but upgrades here and there. That’s what I did with my 67 Mustang GT Fastback but this is a whole new level!
I had a way cool old school engine in it prior but could not get very far on a tank of fuel. Last trip I went was 44 mi each way and it was empty. Fuel now at 4.20 per gallon those 450-500 mile trips would be very expensive much less the hassle it would be to hit all the lower 48 states in a single trip.

Just for fuel on trip we have planned would cost 7,560.00 with the prior engine.
with current engine it will be around 1800.00 for fuel probably at max.

381 - 394 of 394 Posts