F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my thread from yesterday got deleted, probably because some of you got into another SSI pissing match. Please do not do that again. First off my tune has some sort of issue that I will get resolved tomorrow. From 1/4 to 3/4 acceleration I have some surging. I had my BOV vented to atmosphere and it the surging/pulsing was in sync with the BOV venting. I took a video with my phone and I'll try to post it here soon. I got the tune about 4:30 and called Innovative about 5:30 with my issues and Eric had already left for the day. Hopefully in the morning they get my tune figured out. When I got home I put the factory BOV tube back on just to make sure that wasn't the issure but my problem is still there. WOT this tune is an animal! I went from 93 TREX to this and seat of the pants, this feels a little more powerful. Both are very fast but everything about this Xtreme 93 feels better. The trans shifts smooth just like TREX but doesn't feel like a slipping clutch, has just enough firmness to make me feel confident that it actually shifted. Tip in is identical to the SCT canned tune, just the way I wanted it. I can actually drive my truck like a grandma if I wanted where as TREX was way too touchy and jumpy. Overall the engine sounds quieter, turbos are quieter and everything just has a more refined, smooth feel. It feels just like the SCT tune but with double the top end power. And here's the kicker............ It's only hitting 16.5 psi of boost!?! How can it feel a touch more powerful than the TREX tune that was hitting 22.5 psi of boost? Overall I am very happy. Chad, now I know why you daily drive this tune, it is amazing! Thanks again for the recommendation.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the surging videos. The fist one is 1/4 throttle 5-40 mph. You can hear the BOV venting in the background.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Second is 30-60mph 1/2 throttle

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it would go from 5psi to -1psi everytime the BOV vented.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hmm. Hopefully they get it squared away for you tomorrow, other than that it sounds like a great tune. I assume you're logging for them?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm. Hopefully they get it squared away for you tomorrow, other than that it sounds like a great tune. I assume you're logging for them?
I'd imagine it's nothing too serious that needs adjusted. I haven't had a chance to data log yet. Just drove normal about 15 miles and did 1 4x4 lauch 0-120.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Good to hear that you like it, it's one of my favorite tunes, hopefully Eric will get you taken care of tomorrow. I'm sure he will.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is great to hear. I just traded in my 3015 to Franchi and just received my X4 today. Time to try a new tune. Good thing is I only live about 10 mins from innovative. Also thinking about trying Revolution Automotive too. I heard Adam has a good tune for our trucks too. I had him do some work on my Mustang a few years back.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
This is great to hear. I just traded in my 3015 to Franchi and just received my X4 today. Time to try a new tune. Good thing is I only live about 10 mins from innovative. Also thinking about trying Revolution Automotive too. I heard Adam has a good tune for our trucks too. I had him do some work on my Mustang a few years back.
I met Adam from Revolution when I was in Indianapolis in December for some advanced SCT training, he is a great guy and definitely knows how to tune these trucks. I always recommend going with a local tuner that you can work directly with if it is possible.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chad, did you have any issues with your tune from Eco? We're having one hell of a time with my surging issue. Eric emailed me this today(4th tune) to try. I am definitely no expert but to me it almost seems like a BOV issue but stock and on my SSI tune I don't have any surging. Hey Colin,

Here's our base pre-programmed tune, I just want to make sure it's not something goofy with the tune installing. I do these trucks all day and it's odd to have an issue.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
On occasion I think there are trucks that present issues for certain tuners, Shawn (SSi) was never able to get mine to hold boost. When I got the Bazooka tune from MPT I only saw 13-14psi when it should have been 21 or so. Sometimes it takes some sorting out, so hopefully he gets you squared away.

·
Registered
929 Posts
On occasion I think there are trucks that present issues for certain tuners, Shawn (SSi) was never able to get mine to hold boost. When I got the Bazooka tune from MPT I only saw 13-14psi when it should have been 21 or so. Sometimes it takes some sorting out, so hopefully he gets you squared away.
Would this in any way be strategy related?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
One would think, but I believe these trucks have the occasional "black sheep" within a strategy. Mine won't boost like its supposed to (most of the time) my rear fuel pressure looks like a seismograph, always, except when using a config I got from Torrie, but the trade off is, it loses 10 pids, they just won't load.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Do you think if your strategy were to change, all of these problems would be corrected then? Does it do this stock as well, or only when tuned?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Chad, did you have any issues with your tune from Eco? We're having one hell of a time with my surging issue. Eric emailed me this today(4th tune) to try. I am definitely no expert but to me it almost seems like a BOV issue but stock and on my SSI tune I don't have any surging. Hey Colin,

Here's our base pre-programmed tune, I just want to make sure it's not something goofy with the tune installing. I do these trucks all day and it's odd to have an issue.

Thanks

Eric
No I didn't have a single issue at all, one and done for me, that's weird it may be like what strawhat said.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've switched back between stock and SSI and they're fine. The eco tune is fine at 25% or less throttle or WOT. Anything in between surges at a steady throttle almost like it wants to hold a certain bost but the BOV keeps venting every second.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The last file he sent me was some sort of base file to see if the issue is present with that and I get some sort of error message. Ugh. 20140327_085144.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts