F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forums and just bought an Edge Evolution CTS programmer for my stock F150 because it was a good deal. I hooked it up and went through the 3 canned tunes and barely noticed any power difference or any better throttle response. After spending some time reading about the SCT livewire, I'm pretty sure I will sell the edge and pickup an SCT. My question is, are the SCT canned tunes a lot better than edges canned tunes? I will probably end up getting custom tunes in the future but wanted to check if it's worth selling my edge to go to SCT canned tunes for now. Whatever would get me the best throttle response is what Im looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
if u buy an sct from a custom tuner they usually give u a free custom tune. SCT is a much better tuning and platform and will give u tons of custom tuner options.

check out leading edge tuning as they are in Houston TX as well

Leading Edge Tuning

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Would I need custom tuning or just canned tunes if my truck is stock only?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
custom tuning will be way better. a custom tune is suited to how ever the truck is setup and after its tuned and there is something u want changed the tuner will change it where a canned tuned is u get what u get. also a canned tune because every truck is different is typically super safe which is good but leaves alot of power on the table. a custom tuner will tune your truck consertivly then check datalogs and keep uping the power but still keep u in a very safe range. being that u r near LET i would talk to [email protected] and get some info from him. he can explain it better than me im sure and u may want to go on his dyno for a tune and get dialed in, in person

·
Registered
556 Posts
^^^ this.. Go to LET and let erick set you up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts