F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 FX4 crew cab and plan on leveling it and putting on 33" trail grapplers. This is my daily driver and im looking for some more power and possibly helping with fuel economy. The only other mod I plan on doing is AFE CAI with a possibility of exhaust later on down the road.

My question is with only these mods is the SCT worth it or would I get by ok with the Edge and its factory set tunes? I searched for this already and couldn't find the answer so I'm sorry if it has been asked. I'm new to the whole programmer thing. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
For all that is holy on earth please don't get the edge, it is a universal tuner that will fit multiple vehicles and is not married to your vehicle, I highly recommend getting an sct device and getting custom tunes from either SSI, MPT, Unleashed or 5 star, those tunes are married to your strategy code of your truck and yours only.

·
Registered
197 Posts
For all that is holy on earth please don't get the edge, it is a universal tuner that will fit multiple vehicles and is not married to your vehicle, I highly recommend getting an sct device and getting custom tunes from either SSI, MPT, Unleashed or 5 star, those tunes are married to your strategy code of your truck and yours only.
Amen

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see there is a SCT ts in the for sale section . it says its "unmarried" . would this be a simple plug and play installation until I wanted custom tunes added?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yes it would be. I assume its the livewire ts correct, that will give you the display like edge and easy to datalog. Good choice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts