F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anal I had to get matching colors for the grill and wheels, but the Eibach have great reviews.... I love the yellow 4600 bilstein for towing, my preference and have had them on my last f150 and all my diesels, but yellow would not look too good under the truck. Thought of the bilstein 5100, not a fan of the chrome look.... so the reviews and looks of these got my vote.

Dang Friday build, my truck had 7 miles on it when I purchased it a few months ago, looks like the boys at the factory go in a hurry...

But when finished, they look great under the rear!!!!!.Perfect color match to all the other grey on the truck!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Give an update, they perform great so far.... towing test will happen in a couple of weeks....... Look great, themed right and so far happy camper!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look very nice and I suspect they’d be a great shock. Now go an get some fender well liners. You’ll not regret having them.
I was actually thinking about that the other day....... on the list of things to get...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You still want fender liners. They will stop so much garbage from ending up under that truck. Not to mention they simply look better when looking at the vehicle in profile and not being able to see through the other side.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I like the fact of not having to drill holes...less likely to have a rust problem

@GearHead_1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_

Agreed, no holes need to be drilled using the factory Ford liners and I believe this to be true with Husky’s product as well. It’s literally a 30 minute job tops using the Ford product.

By the way, when I bought mine I went out online and found the best price I could find. I walked into my dealership and showed them the price. They beat it and no freight. I think mine cost right around $100.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
No drilling whatsoever.

Mine has Ford
Hers has Husky

Mine did require a little cutting to get clearance on the DSC adjusters on the 2.5 shocks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
I think the Huskies actually have a little more coverage. (if my memory is correct)

They extend a bit lower.

I'm in my truck today and will be parked next to hers later.

I'll take some comparison pics and post them up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
My mind is still intact!

My truck shows the liner barely extending below the fastener and actually right about the height of the upper shock bolt.

The Huskies clearly extend another 4-5" down. That probably explains the extra effort to get them shoved in the hole and the fasteners to line up. But if that extra coverage is what you desire, it's a no brainer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
snakebitten
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing