F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here it is: my 2014 f 150 eco boost 3.5 super crew cab with 64,000 miles went into limp mode while starting to cross intersection and almost caused a crash. called dealership.I was told to shut it off wait 2-3 minutes and restart it and bring it to them. It restarted and the wrench symbol went away. took it regularly used mechanic and there were no faults stored. I took it home and next morning took it to dealer where i bought it.I  got 1/2 mile from house and it happened again. Truck went into limp mode and it took me 40 minutes to limp into dealership. left it running and fault code P2112 throttle  position error came up. had to leave it there til next day for them to diagnose. Called Ford Corporate to find out about many complaints from other owners who had same problem. Found out that the Delphi Gen 6 electronic throttle body was defective and Ford decided to provide extended warranty coverage for this problem instead of doing a recall. figured i was covered and it would be fixed.<br>Day 2: Sunland Ford in Victorville, Cal. where i bought it from called by back and said my vin number is not listed on the extended warranty list. it would me $660.00 for repairs. I called Corporate back and they said my  throttle body was a different one than the Dehphi Gen 6 and so they would not issue a extended warranty. this is also what the service manager at Sunland Ford told me. Corporate said that they only stand behind what the service manager of their dealerships recommend. anyone out there with same problem?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Had it happen to my 2013 when out of warranty in August... to me it was a minor thing... it is electronic and things happen...

Though I think limp mode should not be an option, it seems it can cause a accident that you can't control if it happens..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
limp mode is to protect engine from further damage, but a collision at fwy speeds from e.t.b. is not a minor issue. ford created a "extended warranty " of 10 years/150,000 miles just for this replacement. if your v.i.n. number is on their list. they did this instead of the recall. after many lawsuitys against them they issued a recall. corporate bean counters at work.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
limp mode is to protect engine from further damage, but a collision at fwy speeds from e.t.b. is not a minor issue. ford created a "extended warranty " of 10 years/150,000 miles just for this replacement. if your v.i.n. number is on their list. they did this instead of the recall. after many lawsuitys against them they issued a recall. corporate bean counters at work.
File a complaint here. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/ This is how we get the OEM's to get safety issues recalled.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey everyone, hoping one of yall can help me. I have a 2011 f150 fx2 3.5 ecoboost. I have about 120k on the engine and am having issues. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON

First issue, I'll be traveling about 50-55 mph steady. I attempt to pass a car push on the pedal and loose power. No acceleration just a high rev and then after a few seconds im good again. I have heard of the ecoboost shudder. Changed all plugs and had them gapped at .030. Changed the boots and plugs. All ford oem. Drilled the weep hole, added a catch can and even changed the throttle body. I just can't seem to get it to run right consistently.

Second issue.... again driving at a steady speed push the acceleration pedal and i get a nasty jerk. Seems like the tyranny is down shifting really hard to the point where its actually feels like I'm getting punched in the back.

I ofcourse call ford and they want to charge an arm and a leg for even looking at the truck. They said they've never heard of the issue im having. I love down in southern California so humidity is not a real big issue. Im thinking about changing the cac next hoping it will resolve some of the loss of power issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,693 Posts
Almost sounds like the tranny is slipping and/or other tranny issues.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,693 Posts
You said "no acceleration with a high rev". Sounds like slippage to me.

Reactions: noodles

·
Registered
2013 F150 Screw 3.5L Ecoboost Oxford White
171 Posts
You said "no acceleration with a high rev". Sounds like slippage to me.
Yeah it doesn't sound like a loss of power issue. It sounds like a loss of transmission engagement. Almost like it's getting stuck between gears for a second before engaging.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same "limp mode" issue you explain. Did the throttle body repair fix your issue? What was replaced?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts