F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Those look perfect! That's exactly how I want mine to look on my xlt. Did you remove them to plastidip them?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! Just tape off an area about a inch around the emblem. Then cover some of your truck around that area to help with overspray. Spray about 4 coats or so of plasti dip and let it dry. The more you put the better it'll be. Then once it all dries remove your tape and just peel the excess off around the emblem. It'll peel right off the truck and stay on your emblem. Mines been done for over a year and looks perfect still. Just added the overlays today. Hope that helps. It's super easy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So I didn't want to pay $125 for appearance package emblems so I made my own. A little plasti dip, some glossifier and some red overlays and walaaaaa!!!
. Looks good they have a lie that's close to the blue flame so was going to do mine to glad to see someone else used plasti dip Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks y'all!! I think it turned out perfect. Got the overlays from eBay. $12.99 so even if they don't hold up I'm not out much $$$. They seem to be made from good material though.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Looks good, I bought the overlays from eBay as well. Mine didn't last long at all and I ended up just pulling them and painting. I need to redo the front Ford one now, that overlay has taken some abuse apparently, its starting to crack and chip away.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks strawhat. I think I'm gonna spray some pd glossifier over them to protect them and see how that holds up.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
That might help them stay on better. Mine might have been a bad batch, I think three times of the car wash was all it took to get them to start peeling up and I made sure to let off the trigger when spraying over them.
Some of these badges are two pieces too, so you can actually pull them apart and paint the center pretty easy. I found that out after i did mine, lol.

Reactions: 93alexcoupe

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got some overlays for the Ford emblems but I may just try to tape and paint the background black since there is an actual gap separating the chrome Ford from the blue background. Will look better and last longer than the $30 worth of overlays I have I'm sure. Surgeon hands lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got some overlays for the Ford emblems but I may just try to tape and paint the background black since there is an actual gap separating the chrome Ford from the blue background. Will look better and last longer than the $30 worth of overlays I have I'm sure. Surgeon hands lol
i kinda did the opposite of what your saying with plasti dip. Didn't have to tape anything off. Just took a exacto knife and cut around the blue part and pulled and luckily the letters stayed black. You could dip the entire emblem black and just pull it off the letters with an exacto knife.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts