F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

I need to replace my engine air filter. I’ve always used K&N on my other trucks, but I hear the spacing with this filter for the ecoboost lets junk in. What have y’all used that you like.

2013 F150 FX4 Crew cab

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
The S&B drop in filter is awesome for these trucks, mostly because it comes with a larger snorkel. It's a serviceable filter so just clean it and re-oil it when it gets dirty. I also spray my sensors with MAF sensor cleaner everytime I change my oil but I haven't noticed any significant buildup.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
The S&B drop in filter is awesome for these trucks, mostly because it comes with a larger snorkel. It's a serviceable filter so just clean it and re-oil it when it gets dirty. I also spray my sensors with MAF sensor cleaner everytime I change my oil but I haven't noticed any significant buildup.
Oiled air filters in these trucks are not the greatest option, fyi

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have used K&N on past NA vehicles and other dry but washable high flow filters. Just choose not to because they did pass fine dust and I do not want that in my turbochargers. Spent some time looking and settled on Wix filters due to solid fitment and deep pleated construction.

Wix red gasket yellow filter OEM new black and white. Wix does also offer a race filter that is a duplicate of their street version but with white filter medium that feels stiffer keeping the same size element and gasketing. The Wix has a few less pleats than the OEM like 42 vs 45 but that seems less important than the depth of the filter to me. KM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts