F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered a large pool of coolant the next morning after a 60 min drive from base. Couldn’t locate the leak topside. Couldn’t find a leak around the reservoir. Drove it a few more times with no issues. Found this another 4x in the last 2 weeks. I only find the pool after it’s turned off and in the garage and usually after 30+ min drives. It doesn’t appear to leak immediately. The pool size varies in size from the first time being a lot to smaller pools since. I am at the fire station now in the pit looking under while it’s been running for the last hour. Removed the plate and see no leaks yet. Any ideas? 2014 f-150 fx4 eco with 85k miles

·
Registered
43 Posts
Passenger or driver side? Just from recent personal experience there's a coolant line that goes from the engine block on either side to the back of the turbos and the fittings on mine were leaking after some repair work. And you can't see them so it's hard to tell. Passenger side is covered by the AC compressor and driver side I can see with the wheel well cover removed.

Obviously don't know where your leak is coming from but just a couple more places for you to check, a UV light could be helpful.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts