F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 3.5L Ecoboost that currently has 115,000 miles on it.

So I have a few issues going on that I am pretty frustrated about. About a month ago I had my truck in to my mechanic because my fuel pump and module went out, but at the time I also had both sides of the exhaust manifold leaking so I had them replace those as well. Well about a week after getting my truck back, I started having misfire issues, so I took it back and we replaced the spark plug and coil pack that was misfiring. Then another week later, a different cylinder began to misfire. I had the spark plugs done about 10 months before, so my mechanic thought maybe it was a bad batch. So we replaced all the spark plugs again. Now 2 weeks later I am having misfires again. I noticed yesterday a puddle under my truck, so I checked all my fluid levels. Well my coolant is below the minimum line, and it seems like a pretty good leak.

Anyone have any idea if the misfiring issue and the coolant leak could be related?

·
Registered
870 Posts
They shouldn't but I would bet if your exhaust manifolds were replaced the jiffy fittings are where the leak will be coming from. Unless your mechanic replaced them at that age they will be getting brittle and prone to issues, especially when messed with.

Misfires can be caused by many things. Plug, coil, coil boot, vacuum leak, injector and finding it is always the hard part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts