F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened to me yesterday, I called FORD immediately to get an appointment for Monday. I thought it might have just been an isolated incident but I stumbled across alot more people with the same issues on the highway and traffic saftey website all across the USA. This isn't safe and needs to be fixed BIGTIME; Ford F-150 Engine - 2011 FORD F-150 Problems With Engine

2011 FORD F150 FX4 ECO BOOST - 12,800 miles. ROAD CONDITIONS - DRY. EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE - APPROXIMATELY 35F. HIGHWAY ON RAMP ACCELERATING TO MERGE. THE MOTOR HESITATED FOR A FEW SECONDS BEFORE KICKING IN, THE FRONT END FELT LIKE IT WAS SLIPPING WHILE TRYING TO ACCELERATE AS WELL. AS THE TRUCK PASSED APPROXIMATELY 65 MPH THE ENGINE LOST POWER AND BEGAN TO SHAKE VIOLENTLY, THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AS WELL. I HAD TO KEEP THE TRUCK AROUND 45 MPH TO AVOID THE SHAKING FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES BEFORE IT STOPPED AND THE ENGINE LIGHT TURNED OFF. I NOTICED A SLIGHT BURNING SMELL AND THE ENGINE DIDN'T SOUND LIKE IT DID PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT. IF SOMEONE HAD BEEN BEHIND ME ON THE RAMP, OR I WAS PASSING A VEHICLE IN POOR ROAD CONDITIONS OR IN BUSY TRAFFIC THERE IS A STRONG POSSIBILITY I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT OF SOME SORT, MOST LIKELY A REAR END COLLISION.

I loved my truck and everything about it until this happened. Everyone commented on how awesome it was, and I thought there's no better truck then a FORD right now, flawless'. Now I'm scared shitless that I'm going to be rear ended or in a pile up at any moment if I try to pass someone quickly. The whole appeal of this truck is that it's a truck that has such great pickup and power that you can move like a car if you need to. It's not myself I'm worried about, it's the people in with me or the people around me in other vehicles that I don't put in harm's way. This isn't what big money spend on a a vehicle should get you cause apparently from what everyone's saying - there is no fix. I've been a FORD guy forever, so has my dad, I don't want to have to go back to that 'fixed or repaired daily' era. I guess I'll see on Monday.

Anyone else on these forms heard of or had similar problems?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Have been noodling posts like this for a while now. Am wondering if disconnecting the air pipe from the throttle body when this happens would get things running at least temporarily. Wouldn't want to run that way for long as there would be no air filtration but it would prevent the excess water injestion from the intercooler and would also leave external traces on the engine if water was the problem. There would be no boost and most likely trigger a MIL code but would at least give you naturally aspirated power to get you to your destination or back home. You would only need to carry simple tools to do this. ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Mike Tritle
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing