F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd pass this along, as I know someone was looking to change theirs out.
Back when I built my last truck I had my aftermarket black painted running boards/steps and they rotted out.
I bought brand new steps and assembled them and brought them to Line-X for coating, they were on the truck when it sold and looked as good as when I installed them.
I just priced out doing the same thing to these EOM steps and the coast to coat them in Line-X is about $200.
This is a lot less then any aftermarket replacement and will NEVER rot.
So unless your looking for the stainless look you may want to consider this as a long term option.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I'm painting all my chrome with black plastidip. Hopefully costs less than 200$. So far I've racked up 5 cans @ 6$ each. I didn't know plastic could tot. Or rust haha

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Interesting idea. I like it, however I have the silly full Chrome package and it would not look right. If I did not have the chrome I would probably do this mod.

SPPD

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
well if I finish my thought, by next summer I am planning on blacking out all chrome. On a silver XLT. We shall see. It's just a thought

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My trucks have always been black. If you like chrome then it is a nice combo, but in an area where we see snow & ice the salt will eventually the chrome in anyways.
I've never seen chrome or aluminum rims last for very long around here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts