F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located an EXCELLENT PRICE on the F150 EcoBoost 3.5L aFe Scorcher Module if anyone is looking. This seller has an excellent reputation and offers Customer Service that is second to none. Not to mention they are a Sponsor right here on our little Eco-Forum.

Just click on the Stage3 Motorsports link, add the Afe Scorcher Module to your shopping cart and for a limited time enjoy a 10% Discount along with free shipping.

I did so this morning...wonder if it has shipped yet.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
We will get it shipped today. You should see it Thursday or Friday. Thanks for the kind words. I know you will give the community an honest review of the module once you get it installed.

·
Registered
868 Posts
its getting hard to keep up with the scorcher chit chat on the forum there are atleast 3 diff threads about them.
what everyone really needs to know is can you use this module on a truck still under warranty without it showing something on the ECU that would void warranty ?

jon we are all curious to see what you find after getting it hooked up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As soon as I receive it I will get it installed and tested. I'll be more than happy to report back with a review. After I get a few miles on it I will also check for any stored codes that may have appeared. There will not be much more than that I can offer. Since the system does not alter the computer program I don't see it showing as such in the memory.

I look forward to sharing what ever I can offer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looking forward to the reveiw.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well FedEx dropped off my Scorcher a few minutes ago. I have had the opportunity to read through the directions to see what I am getting into. Looks like once I figure out how to remove the engine cover (I assume it will simply pull upward) it shouldn't take long to install. The written instructions say something about 30 minutes and the internet says 10 minutes. I'm guessing that breaks down to a 40 minute complete installation process. 10 minutes of actual work and another 30 minutes of drinking Little King Crème Ale and admiring my work.

However, I'll give it 15 minutes to do the installation. Then do a test of the product. Then come home and drink my choice of adult beverage and do a write up here on the forum.

I will get on it first thing in the morning as we are heading out for an early dinner.

FWIW: it does look to be an extremely easy installation with only four connections to make and they are all plug in play.

·
Registered
9 Posts
subscribed... eagerly awaiting results!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts