F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13' F150 FX2 - SCREW. AFE Intercooler - Charge Pipes - Stage 2 Intake - Downpipes - Unleashed Tune
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if adding an AFE exhaust will void any part of the warranty?

·
Registered
36 Posts
if you have a issue and need warranty work they will have to prove it was the exhaust that caused the issue that you are in the shop for ... that's what I was told at my dealership ..

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Each dealership will treat it differently.
Our one experience with a warranty issue the dealer brought in the regional rep, once that happened the dealership was completely out of the loop and we were dealing with the company directly.
FYI, it didn't end pretty for us. And what some say about Ford proving the problem was related may not be true. In our case they said proof was on us. We had to prove that the problem was not related.
Either way you are taking a chance. Some are having things like exhaust install by the dealer and the dealer is saying that it will not void warranty.
I'm not an engineer but I do not think much could go wrong and be attributed to an aftermarket exhaust, especially if you do not remove the cat or any sensors. Remove the cat and your opening up a whole world of reasons they could deny you.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Cat back and you should be all good!

SPPD

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
When dealing with a turbo charged engine they get a little pissy about exhaust mods, because a free flowing exhaust will cause the turbo to spin faster. This can affect the life-span of the turbo, but it usually doesn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
When dealing with a turbo charged engine they get a little pissy about exhaust mods, because a free flowing exhaust will cause the turbo to spin faster. This can affect the life-span of the turbo, but it usually doesn't hurt anything.
No tune. Would you recommend 3" or 4"

·
Registered
197 Posts
No tune. Would you recommend 3" or 4"
Anybody with experience on turbocharged engines can tell you the importance of a good flowing exhaust for more torque, increased HP and improved response. Equally important is a tough sound with clean exhaust note (no rasp!) and no cabin drone. Full-Race's 3" exhaust does just that: it's silent at idle, stealthy at cruising rpms and has a throaty growl under boost and wide-open-throttle. 100% handmade in the USA from 3" stainless steel, this mirror-polished catback has no drone or rasp associated with small displacement engines with oversized mufflers, while increasing flow compared to the highly restrictive stock 2.5" exhaust.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
So you recommend over the original best exhaust "heartthrob" or the new kid "solo performance"?

·
Registered
13' F150 FX2 - SCREW. AFE Intercooler - Charge Pipes - Stage 2 Intake - Downpipes - Unleashed Tune
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update. FYI Spoke with my service advisor this morning. his response "anything from the cat back is no problem at all"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts