F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 2013 ecoboost and I installed a afe 4 inch cat back exhaust the other day and now my truck sounds like a honda!!!!

My question is to you guys is if I put a 3 inch y-pipe and a tune on it will it make it sound better?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Put a resonator on it. If you do downpipes with the AFE 4", I'd do catted. The AFE is horrible. The resonated AFE sounds manageable.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I see all the afe 4" stuff sounds like garbage but nobody says the 4" hearthrob sounds like garbage so I'm leaning more towards the muffler on the afe. I bet if all the afe guys swapped mufflers it would sound better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually got my buddy to rev my truck while I was near the exhaust and it didn't sound to bad but I'm still thinking the y-pipe will give it more of a growl and not so much of a purr.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I don't understand the concept of paying all that money for a cat back. When u can just have a shop custom make one. The stock exhaust is 3 inch except where the flex pipe is. Just replace flex pipe with straight and put whatever muffler or resonator you want. Way cheaper than paying money for a cat back imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wonder what it would sound like if you bought the muffler-less Atlas 4" catback and put a diesel 4" muffler inline? I wish I had unlimited funds to try everything I think of, lol .

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ha, thanks. Dont know what to think, he recorded it basically with the phone in the exhaust, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts