F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions. I have a 2011 all stock except for an SCT SF3. Wanting to get AFE exhaust and Intake first but can only afford one or the other at the moment.
What would give me better gains with the tuner? I've seen posts saying the both give noticeable power and seen posts saying they only make it louder and no power gains.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would save up for a better exhaust.....better sounding and performing. Full-Race and Solo Performance are both very nice and show good gains. Stainless works is also another one that performs well. Also you might want to wait to see how some people's dynos of the S&B intake perform to make a better decision.

I just installed the AFE stage 2 today and it sounds very cool. With the exhaust and intake the turbos are very audible even on the stock tune.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Agree with 13Tscrew about exhaust. Really does not matter but that first is logical. Ford has a good stock intake on this truck.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
When y'all are saying "exhaust" do you mean cat back? Down pipe back? Down pipes? Y pipes? I'm looking to buy some exhaust pieces one day? But only want to buy what's useful.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Screw the cat back and buy a set of Solo downpipes. That will net you more gain than any exhaust or CAI combined. Plus if you do a catless, they have resonators built in so it kills the loudness and drone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
x2 on downpipe. I just installed a MAK y-pipe and I love it...great response, little more whistle, and no crazy exhaust note to deal with...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you guys putting down pipes with stock catback?

Sent from my F150 using boost.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Are you guys putting down pipes with stock catback?

Quite a few have. It keeps the stock like sound, which after 14k+ miles of blissful silence I'd sure hate to lose.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Interesting. ...I should have bought that downpipe from stage 3 the other day I guess. I'd love to hear a cat less dp with stock cbe.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Sounds sick!! Catless DPs will be added to the wish list for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just tried to add a magna flow muffler to my 2012 ecoboost and the mechanic said my muffler was also a straight through and not going to gain me any performance. Its just going to make the truck sound louder. He did suggest an AFE intake but one without oil cause it will kill the sensor on the mass airflow meter. Im looking at the stage 3 dry air intake.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oiled filters only hurt sensors if you over oil them. But I like them over dry.

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just tried to add a magna flow muffler to my 2012 ecoboost and the mechanic said my muffler was also a straight through and not going to gain me any performance. Its just going to make the truck sound louder. He did suggest an AFE intake but one without oil cause it will kill the sensor on the mass airflow meter. Im looking at the stage 3 dry air intake.
You should have asked him to find the MAF sensor

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I was under the impression that we have V8 restrictive exhaust systems. According to Stacey

iBoost

·
Registered
674 Posts
I like the sound of my exhaust but do miss the sound of just the muffler replacement.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts