F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the different cat-back exhausts and I have found a mix of 3", 3.5" and 4" pipes. Has anyone ran the these sizes om a dyno or just general performance comparison.

4" seem pretty big for a gas engine but it would be a lot more air flow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the MBRP rear dual. Has a good tone and clean look. Just remember that its not a v8 so don't expect that sound. I think I have my mods and dyno results posted.....I think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to be towing a lot so I do not want dual pipes. I'm more interested in performance than sound.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't think that the duals provide less performance than single. One 4" pipe vs two 3" pipes. I tow as well and am not disappointed with the results. I don't get any drone with my set up when I tow. I read complaints of drone on the highway with some of the single set ups without the resignator. Mine I was able to remove the resignator and not have any drone. I wasn't going for sound either.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I think Full Race did a dyno comparison between stock, 3", 4", and open pipe.

IIRC, the 3" did the best.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The Gibson cat back dual exhaust can be ordered to exit straight out the rear bumper, or one pipe exit at each side of the rear quarter panel to the side, or dual exit out the passenger side behind the rear wheel well. Each pipe is 2 1/2".

I have always heard that you need some back pressure because without it you will actually loose power and torque.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Received my Gibson Exhaust yesterday. Was in hope of doing the install today, but dog gone it's already too hot to be crawling around under the truck. I did open the box to inspect the parts and read the directions. Very impressed with what I found and very impatient to get it installed. We have a cold front due in this week with highs in the upper mid 90s so I'll get to it then.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm hoping to be able to hear some aftermarket exhaust in person before I decide what brand to order.

·
Registered
394 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts