F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all of you. First off I am new to this forum and to owning a F-150. I bought a brand new 2012 F-150 XLT w/ EcoBoost. I have had the truck for 6 months now and love the thing to pieces. So far I have put a Les Schwab 2.5" Level Kit and swapped the stock 32" Pirelli Tires to 34" Toyo AT II while keeping the stock 20" rims. Next thing I would like to accomplish is make this thing have a better sound. What would be the general consensus on exhaust systems? After watching YouTube videos I think I am leaning towards either a Hearthrob or Flowmaster. Is there a better option than these 2? Will putting a exhaust system on void my warranty? Also this maybe stupid of me to ask and I apologize but will this hurt my fuel economy? I say this because I put a 40 series Flowmaster Muffler on my 2003 5.4L Ford Expedition and it killed my gas mileage. I lost about 2.5 mpg. Also at the time of exhaust installation should I consider a Cold Air Intake? If so what system should I go with? Again will a CAI void my warranty?

Thank You For Your Thoughts & Opinions

·
Registered
565 Posts
i oreder myself a gibson 3 inch single outlet catback last night i'll let you know how it is when i get it and get it installed. as for your warranty question asking your dealer would be a good idea, my dealer said cat back exhaust and a CAI would void warranty

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
That borla sounds phenomenal. No ugly sharp rasp not retarded loud. I like it. Where did you order that Type S muffler? Is it a dual outlet muffler single in?

How much $ was it to bring two pipes over the axle and out the back?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Borla Touring catback with the factory rez to mellow out the cabin drone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That borla sounds phenomenal. No ugly sharp rasp not retarded loud. I like it. Where did you order that Type S muffler? Is it a dual outlet muffler single in? How much $ was it to bring two pipes over the axle and out the back?
Thanks ! I bought the borla muffler and had Lou's custom exhaust make the pipes and tips all for $450. Yes dual out single in paid $99 for borla.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Read up on the CAI. From what I've been seeing it makes the turbo sound a lot better but does nothing to fuel economy, however some report gains in power.
But as mentioned it will/could void your warranty. You have to ask yourself, is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
My personal favorite is Corsa DB BUT.. I'm still stock so nothing has convinced me enough to buy.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am really loving my aFe Set up. The exhaust isn't too loud but sounds great going down the road. There is not cabin drone at idle either which my wife really likes. Plus, it feels like a completely different truck from when I got and put all the parts on. I did them all at once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts