F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 F-150 Platinum with a 3.5L Ecoboost engine. I would like to remove the muffler and run dual straight pipes from the cat back and out the rear. Would this create a problem with the computer or engine?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
As long as you go behind the catalytic you should not have any computer or sensor issues. I could see some drone in the cab, but its up to your ear if you like the sound.

SPPD

Reactions: SouthJerseyJack

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just put a straight-piped cat-back dual exhaust out the sides last week on my 2013 Platinum. I have had straight-pipes on previous vehicles (V8 Tahoe and Silverado), and the sound on the EB is much different. It is very mellow sounding actually and much quieter than I thought it would be. With the V6, you don't get that low V8 rumble. This is more of a higher pitched hmm. Not sure if that is the best way to explain it or not. It sounds somewhat similar to my Flowmasters on my 2011 Avalanche.

I have been planning on taking a video, but haven't got around to it yet. There are several videos on YouTube if you search for "Ecoboost straight-piped", but don't judge purely on the videos, cuz they do not replicate the sound 100%.

Here are some that I found in my research (pretty sure a couple are members here):

At first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. But the sound is really growing on me.

I will try to get my video posted here shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts