F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at purchasing a new exhaust and I want to know if I should be looking at exhausts that replace everything from the flange back or is a resonator back more than enough,or is there that much of a difference? I like the magnaflow exhaust and that uses the stock resonator or the full race with resonator. Im running a mpt performance street tune, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's all in what you want out of it ! Sound difference is all

·
Registered
674 Posts
After riding in a truck with catless pipes and stock exhaust if I were you I'd either do downpipes and stock exhaust, stock downpipes and FullRace resonated or downpipes and FullRace resonated. If you want loud then do downpipes and 4".

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Regarding performance, is the 2.5 inch resonator pipe that restrictive,as I see some go to 3 inch?

·
Registered
676 Posts
From the flange to the exit of the muffler is 2.5", the exit pipe is 3" all the way to the tip. Even though the stock muffler is a straight through design it is 2.5" through.

Sent from my phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

This is my latest, cat less Solo downpipe with resonator delete into a Magnaflow. The video is a lot louder than this exhaust actually is, its as close to stock in the cab as I think you could get, please excuse the filthy truck lol.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Aren't solo DPs resonated though? I'd hate for this guy to get catless pipes and res delete thinking it will be quiet in the cab. Been there and it's not. Sounds good Straw and not too loud.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yeah they are resonated, that helped a lot even with the 4" Diamond Eye I had on previously. I'm pretty happy with this set up, except there really isn't any turbo whistle now.

You definitely would know since you've done about every set up possible, lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Im going to stick with the stock dps. Regarding cat backs is it worth the extra money to go with the fullrace resonated or get one that keeps the stock resonator like the db or magnaflow? Will I feel much difference as stock res is 2.5 compared to fullraces 3 inch?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have the stainless works s-tube exhaust system... I think iy sounds good.

Faster then Ecofx86! Lets see what he brings to the street. ...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
After purchasing from Full Race I would say yes, it would be worth the extra money for it. Top quality stuff from that place

Reactions: cbvet

·
Supporting Vendor
559 Posts
I would recommend a STainless Works S-tube exhaust(Not CHambered). They sound real good Outside and have zero Cab-Drone. They are also 3.5in Tubing which makes it the most power catback on the market yet.
You can then compliment that with a MAK Offroad Downpipe for even more power, and some added turbo whistle.

We have had other exhaust on our personal shop trucks and have switched to the Stainless Works stuff because they are so pleasurable to drive. Drone can get annoying on long trips or after a long day.

Here is a sound clip:

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I think Im going to stick with the stock dps. Regarding cat backs is it worth the extra money to go with the fullrace resonated or get one that keeps the stock resonator like the db or magnaflow? Will I feel much difference as stock res is 2.5 compared to fullraces 3 inch?
Isn't the stock DPs the most restricting part?

eH

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also thought the stock dps were the restriction. That's why Im trying to see if the stock resonator pipe is that restricted if its worth replacing or not? Otherwise I would just get a cheaper resonated back exhaust that suits me the best sound wise.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Dam, I think I just got sold on the SW cat back! GOnna do a catted DP though.
You won't regret it! I love my s-tube cat back even with stock downpipe sounded good. It sounds better with the maks

Faster then Ecofx86! Lets see what he brings to the street. ...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Do FullRace resonated, and have the best catback made for the EcoBoost. I have the non resonated FullRace catback with Kooks down pipes, and I think it sounds great.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mak Catless Y pipe with stock muffler & resonator is super quiet / zero Drone Right Joey -

1 - 20 of 26 Posts