F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any update on the exhaust? I’m very intrigued by the numbers you got with it.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
I was privileged to ride in his test-development-shop-tow truck with that exhaust. Pulls like a freight train and still nice and quiet.
Just a little turbo whistle when stand outside.

I'm gonna BEG for this exhaust setup when the motor swap goes down. :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was privileged to ride in his test-development-shop-tow truck with that exhaust. Pulls like a freight train and still nice and quiet.
Just a little turbo whistle when stand outside.

I'm gonna BEG for this exhaust setup when the motor swap goes down. :p
I actually like the sound of my banks monster exhaust. Doesn’t sound like a v6 and very mellow. But this may make me swap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone hear of updates on this exhaust? My money is burning a hole in my pocket waiting on a nice sounding exhaust.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I had the chance to speak with Jerry about upgrading my turbos, manifolds and down pipes while walnut blasting my intake valves and he mentioned that the exhaust will be coming out near the end of the year. He knew I wasnt big on a loud obnoxious exhaust and he said this exhaust will be awesome and not ricer loud. If all goes according to plan I will be meeting Jerry face to face in April and I cant wait :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I actually like the sound of my banks monster exhaust. Doesn’t sound like a v6 and very mellow. But this may make me swap.
How would you say it sounds if it didn't sound like a v6? I run an exhaust so I am not against it, just not sure how Banks makes it sound different.

·
Registered
519 Posts
How would you say it sounds if it didn't sound like a v6? I run an exhaust so I am not against it, just not sure how Banks makes it sound different.
Unless it's a straight pipe every manufacturer is going to have their own muffler and/or resonator combo which will effect the tone and volume of the exhaust

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Unless it's a straight pipe every manufacturer is going to have their own muffler and/or resonator combo which will effect the tone and volume of the exhaust

I get that, but not sound like a v6? What else could it sound like? A pissed off Dyson?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I get that, but not sound like a v6? What else could it sound like? A pissed off Dyson?
"personal interpretation" is what I call it haha

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Any update on the exhaust? I’m very intrigued by the numbers you got with it.
I am curious what Jerry's been doing too. Haven't seen him around for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts