F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a 2015 Expedition that I just installed the 93 octane performance tune that I received from 5Star tuning. I did a 30mph roll on and it surged really bad and then a check engine light flashed. I tried to use the sct programmer to read the code but it said there wasn't one. Has anyone ever had this happen? The truck is stock other than the programmer and has about 50k miles on it. I was very excited for this mod and now I'm bummed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm new to this site, so if this post is in the wrong spot or has been discussed before, please forgive me

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
welcome, have you contacted 5 star? sounds like you hit a limiter..

you need to log it when it does that and sent the log to 5 star.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome, have you contacted 5 star? sounds like you hit a limiter..

you need to log it when it does that and sent the log to 5 star.
I have reached out to them but thought some of you guys might have some insight. I always seem to get better help from the forums than distributors in the past. How do I log it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, I bought it used in January with 28k, but yeah, that's why I decided to get a programmer. Look at all of that money I could have saved with the fuel mileage increase.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Did it only do it once? Did you get a wrench light? Sure it wasn't TC kicking on and cutting power?

Guys,

I have a 2015 Expedition that I just installed the 93 octane performance tune that I received from 5Star tuning. I did a 30mph roll on and it surged really bad and then a check engine light flashed. I tried to use the sct programmer to read the code but it said there wasn't one. Has anyone ever had this happen? The truck is stock other than the programmer and has about 50k miles on it. I was very excited for this mod and now I'm bummed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm new to this site, so if this post is in the wrong spot or has been discussed before, please forgive me

Thanks

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Yup, try replacing the plugs first and gap them down to 0.028. 50k miles is pushing the limit on the plugs as the gap widens over time, then with a tune it will cause blowout.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. Today officially sucks. I changed the plugs and went for a test run... now my truck is being towed to the dealer. Something let go in the engine with a loud bang and it's leaking oil out of the rear passenger side of the engine.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Horry Sheet! I hope you pulled the tune off it first!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts