F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Vendor
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Link to buy: HERE

This high performance adapter mounts between the OEM bypass valve/solenoid and the flange on the intercooler, causing the unused charge air to vent to atmosphere (VTA) giving off the well known, but distinct sound all turbo owners know and love! The adapter bolts right in with the included longer bolts, no other modifications or tuning are required. Precision CNC machined out of high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and available in 4 different colors

Installation is simple and all mounting hardware is included.

Only for use with the 2013-2016 3.5 Ecoboost F-150 and 2015 + 2.7 Ecoboost.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've almost pulled the trigger on this but don't know if I will eventually get annoyed with the sound.

Anyone else buy the adapter yet?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Can anyone comment on this sounding the same or different as the vta mod we've been doing by just removing the recirculate pipe? Does it sound more like a true vta bov like turbosmart or more like the lazy slow OEM vta mod?
It will just sound like the OEM VTA, likely just louder.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I installed mine yesterday and have only driven with it on for less than 20 miles. But it is loud when you let off the gas. Louder than I expected.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
Installed this weekend. Easy install, perfect fitup. Seems about as loud as the VTA mod, just a little higher pitched hiss (sounds much more like a normal BOV in my opinion). If you like the sound of the blow off, this is a great piece from Boomba.

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's what I wanted to know. If it sounded the same as the same old vta we've been doing I didn't see the point. If it sounds more like a real vta bov I'm all over it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Yeahh that's exactly why I did it. Glad I did. Plus, you can reinstall your recirc pipe and not have to worry about that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one and it is loud, but its not annoying. If you are going to drive aggressive, then you will hear it. But if you are driving like a normal person, then you don't even notice its there. I love it, and I i'm happy that I have one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is louder than the VTA mod. I had the VTA mod on my 2.7 before I put the adapter on my truck. I would say its about 35%-40% louder than the VTA mod.

Can anyone comment on this sounding the same or different as the vta mod we've been doing by just removing the recirculate pipe? Does it sound more like a true vta bov like turbosmart or more like the lazy slow OEM vta mod?

Those of us using Tapatalk can't see your(y'all's) signatures.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
About this Discussion
111 Replies
19 Participants
Boomba Racing
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing