F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I watched a video in another thread. It's considerably louder than the vta mod. Sounds ricer to me, but to each their own. It would quickly get old for me. The price is good for what appears to be a quality piece; good luck with your product and I hope you sell a bunch of them!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I watched a video in another thread. It's considerably louder than the vta mod. Sounds ricer to me, but to each their own. It would quickly get old for me. The price is good for what appears to be a quality piece; good luck with your product and I hope you sell a bunch of them!
Nice thing about them is it looks to be a quick install which means an quick uninstall as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed mine and fired up and it has an unbearable loud high pitch whistle scared the sh*$ out of the wife. That's not normal is it? Going to take her for a spin now and see.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Went around the neighborhood. It is definitely on cold start at idle and goes away but then when driving around and giving it a little Gas and letting off there is a hiss and at the end a loud whistle.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Went around the neighborhood. It is definitely on cold start at idle and goes away but then when driving around and giving it a little Gas and letting off there is a hiss and at the end a loud whistle.
If you're hearing a hiss when you are holding the pedal down that's a good indication your Bov diaphragm may be torn.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It's when I let off it's not hissing while getting on it. Let off and it hisses and then high pitch whistle.
All completely normal. The loud hissing on cold start is also normal, as it is part of the trucks warm up process. The ecoboost waste gates open on cold starts, which will normally go unnoticed if you have no VTA mod or BPV adapter etc. Now that you have on open vent in there, it is very easy to hear the air rushing while the waste gates are open. Its definitely loud with the BOV adapter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is a video. On and off the throttle and you can here it sometimes when lightly accelerating it hisses a little more accelerate and goes away. Just doesn't sound right. Maybe they are torn. I do have spd adapters on as well.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
You would get a pretty crazy noticeable whooshing sound anytime you press the pedal if Bov was torn. At least that's what mine did. I also could barely hear the distinct blow off "chhhhhhh" when mine was torn because it was always "chhhhhhh'n"

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought I had a torn waste gate diaphragm before and took to dealer and they drove and checked things and claimed no problem found. Its not whooshing all the time, it creates plenty of boost and gets up and gos. How do I get the dealer to test for the issue? The pipe you have to take off to install adapter it fit very snug when I put it back on. The adapter and plug sticks out farther and when pipe is on it is slightly kinked. In the meantime this one is coming off.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts