F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I don't guess you'd let us trade up from the old one?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Does this really make that much difference in sound? My regular ol vta is pretty damn loud

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,326 Posts
It's different, yes. I wouldn't necessarily say louder. Whether that's worth the cost over a free mod, that's up to you.

·
Vendor
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Does this really make that much difference in sound? My regular ol vta is pretty damn loud

This new piece isn't for sound differences vs the old piece, it is actually for fitment on newer model F-150's and the Raptor. There were a few customers who had fitment issues on their 2016 and newer so we are offering a piece with a different design for the newer model trucks that won't have any clearance issues!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
This new piece isn't for sound differences vs the old piece, it is actually for fitment on newer model F-150's and the Raptor. There were a few customers who had fitment issues on their 2016 and newer so we are offering a piece with a different design for the newer model trucks that won't have any clearance issues!
Good to know.

I was actually asking about the product in general, is it really that much louder then just doing the VTA? Or is it more of a different tone/sound?
When I went VTA on this 2017 2.7 it's very loud, much louder then when I did on my old 2013.

Appreciate the info

·
Vendor
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Good to know.

I was actually asking about the product in general, is it really that much louder then just doing the VTA? Or is it more of a different tone/sound?
When I went VTA on this 2017 2.7 it's very loud, much louder then when I did on my old 2013.

Appreciate the info

We've heard both in person and this definitely has a more "refined" sound than the generic VTA mod. The VTA mod gives you a similar sound to air brakes on a truck, this has a more distinct noise.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I feel like this is a more quick and "crisp" sound.

Send me a sound clip man

·
Registered
137 Posts
Let me know if you need a guinea pig for the 2018 2.7 ;)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I took it off a long time ago. It broke the clip for the bov.

Oh, sounds like you really liked it LOL

Reactions: milesej05

·
Administrator
11,326 Posts
I really did like it. I'm still on the fence for this mod though. I wasn't aware of how often our trucks actually blow off. If it was only when I let off from giving it a spankin' I'd love it.

·
Administrator
7,895 Posts
I really did like it. I'm still on the fence for this mod though. I wasn't aware of how often our trucks actually blow off. If it was only when I let off from giving it a spankin' I'd love it.

I hear you...as opposed to everytime you go into boost no matter how much it is. lol

·
Registered
6,167 Posts

With my latest 5 star revision it let's off on the WOT 1-2 shift due to the amount of boost I'm running, sounds like I'm driving a stick. I like it but the whole vta gets old after a while and I put it back to stock.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts