F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
F150 3.5 Ecoboost recall or TSB issued

Haven't found the reason as of yet, but I have heard that there was a Recall issued for the F150 3.5 Ecoboost yesterday 07/25/13. Keeping in mind that I have not been able to verify this as of this morning, it may be a new TSB.

I will see what I can find out on the issue and post back. However, it may also be on Google later today, I haven't been able to find anything as of this moring.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I checked the My Ford page and there isn't anything listed for a recall or TSB.
oops hit send too soon. I also checked a few sites (cars.com and the governments recall site) and the only thing I can find on the gov one is the CAC issue.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hopefully it is a recall for the dreaded loss of power issue. I have not personally experienced this, but I hate that others do. I know it only affects a small percentage of trucks, but I really want those affected to love their trucks as much as I do. Keep us posted if you find anything.

SPPD

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have a feeling it is going to be on a fuel sending unit. We just received a "Recall" on this for our 2013 SHO and my SIL just received one on her 2013 Explorer.

ON EDIT: doesn't look like this is the case.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK, Boys and Girls. This effects 2013 F150 Ecoboost that were produced within a window time frame beginning on April 11, 2013 and I don't recall the ending date. The recall is for a reprogram of the ECM having to do with emissions readings to the computer from sensors on the vehicle.
Those who do own said included vehicles should receive a notice from Ford to have the ECM updated.

Hope this helps to clear things up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I read the title on this thread and my heart sank a little bit. Just glad that it is nothing dangerous or major and that it only effects a small amount of EBs.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read the title on this thread and my heart sank a little bit. Just glad that it is nothing dangerous or major and that it only effects a small amount of EBs.
Sorry about that, I was only trying to keep everyone up to date with late and breaking news, before the news even broke. My knowledge was there, I guess the deliver could has used some better wording...LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Glad its not too serious and I am not affected.

SPPD

·
Registered
27 Posts
any idea where to get more information regarding this? I have a 2013 built in june

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thanks for the update!

OK, Boys and Girls. This effects 2013 F150 Ecoboost that were produced within a window time frame beginning on April 11, 2013 and I don't recall the ending date. The recall is for a reprogram of the ECM having to do with emissions readings to the computer from sensors on the vehicle.
Those who do own said included vehicles should receive a notice from Ford to have the ECM updated.

·
Registered
868 Posts

does this mean these guys are going to have one up on the rest of us ?
with their ECM reflashed would that allow them to use a tuner and the dealership not be able to tell that it was flashed again later.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't think so, but if any of these truck owners do have a tune on their truck, I would recommend that they go back to stock and then put better than 300 miles on it to clean any record of having had a tune on the truck. Not to mention that if they don't go back to stock before having the PCM reprogrammed they will loose the ability to use their tuner do to having the old stock tune locked in the tuner and the tune that was in the truck will be erased with the installation of the new factory tune.

The new stock tune is being installed to correct communications between various emission sensors and the PCM. Currently the error readings is effecting the sensor on the catalytic convertor. And being an emission problem it falls under Federal emission standards and control.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any idea where to get more information regarding this? I have a 2013 built in june
I would give it a few days for the dealerships to get caught up on this before calling to set up an appointment. At this point any of the effected vehicles sitting on dealer lots will be on a sales hold. This means that these vehicles can not be test driven, or sold until they have been reprogrammed.

You can also have your dealers service department run your VIN through their computer to see if in fact your truck is on this recall.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks for posting this!!! I will have my dealership run my VIN to see :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Uh-oh...Looks like mine gets the recall. Looked up the vin and it says they have to " Reprogram the powertrain control module"

I thought I heard of some other people getting worse performance after a dealer ecm flash. Anyone else know about that? My truck has only 300 miles on it. I get great fuel mileage and it runs like a scalded dog when I stomp the throttle. My concern is that it wont perform as good after the dealer tinkers with it.

Josh

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guess you could hold off on taking it in to see what kind of owner reports begin to surface. But, being an emission recall, they will catch up with you at some point in time I feel sure. Next time you go in for service at a Ford dealer and they punch your VIN into the computer it will throw up a big red flag to have the program done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Whew! Build date on our brand new eco is 2/21/13. We love our truck!:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts