F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could use some advice if any of you have messed with tire size on your truck. I have a 2.5" leveling kit on but still factory 20" wheels with factory size tires. What size can you fit without rub/ modification etc using factory rims and with the 2.5" leveling on front?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Depends on the offset of your wheels. I run 285/60/20's with a 2.5" level and 3" block with 0 offset 9" wide wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Fox 2.5 suspension, so basically just a "level", albeit a MUCH improved ride.

35's (34.8) fit on oem 20's no problem.

Gal-friend just bought an 18 and used Bilstein 5100's set to "level" and then threw on some Toyo 35's. (18" oem rims) Zero clearance issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Depends on the offset of your wheels. I run 285/60/20's with a 2.5" level and 3" block with 0 offset 9" wide wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
By chance do you have a picture of your 20x9 with 0 offset? I keep looking at that combo, but afraid to pull the trigger cause I dont know if they will stick out or not.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

Gal-friend just bought an 18 and used Bilstein 5100's set to "level" and then threw on some Toyo 35's. (18" oem rims) Zero clearance issues.
Have you recalibrated the speedo? If so, what device did you use?

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
On my truck I have it recalibrated using the Ngauge.

Her truck isn't. It's brand new and I don't think she wants to mess with her motor or electronics or warranty...... So we used a GPS app and did a few runs down the road she spends the most time commuting on. At 45mph on her speedo, the GPS reports 48-49-48-49. Kinda back and forth while the cruise control held 45 steady.

I was amazed she noticed. She remarked that she felt like she was going faster than the speedo. I replied you are! :)

·
Registered
555 Posts

Her truck isn't. It's brand new and I don't think she wants to mess with her motor or electronics or warranty...... So we used a GPS app and did a few runs down the road she spends the most time commuting on. At 45mph on her speedo, the GPS reports 48-49-48-49. Kinda back and forth while the cruise control held 45 steady.

I was amazed she noticed. She remarked that she felt like she was going faster than the speedo. I replied you are! :)
Get you an OBDLink MX+ and Forscan and tweak the requisite bits. It won't invalidate warranty because you aren't tuning the truck, and it will fix the speedo and get the shift points back to the right places.

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Get you an OBDLink MX+ and Forscan and tweak the requisite bits. It won't invalidate warranty because you aren't tuning the truck, and it will fix the speedo and get the shift points back to the right places.
Good suggestion.
I've avoided the whole Forscan thing for a long time. And buying a fully equipped KR a year or more ago just delayed the pressure substantially. (I still haven't discovered everything in that thing)

But yea, correcting her speedo is a legit reason.
And then I can go ahead and turn on the digital transmission temp in mine. :)

Go figure that a truck that cost HALF as much comes with tranny Temps clearly displayed with a simple toggle of the steering wheel button. Just crazy!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts

If I remember correctly, Hypertech makes a programmer just for adjusting tire size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Drove it to church this morning which put us on a toll road with 65mph posted. 68mph will get you right in the middle of the natural flow yet not pulled over. So using that GPS app we determined that it is 61mph on the speedo.

You can really feeeeel the truck is going faster than indicated.

Those big Toyos are definitely a taller gear. And honestly, the 3.5/3.55 just acts like it doesn't care. Truck runs absolutely fantastic.

·
Registered
175 Posts

What size are those k02s exactly and is there room for bigger? Getting ready to bite the bullet this weekend, was going to have the shop slap a few different sizes on and go from there but it’s always nice to know what works for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
My KO2's are 34.8", if memory serves. But they are narrower than the Toyos you see on that Ruby Red.

(I didn't think it'd be as discernable at-a-glance as it is. Argggh. She won't stop pointing it out either. Lol)

I don't rub at all. But neither does she.

Still, I don't know how much bigger you can go before you do touch somewhere.

I also think rim size came into play when choosing specific sizes. (obviously) It seems it was easier to find true 35/12.5 with 18" rims than it was with my KR 20" rims. But that might have just been a current inventory issue at the time. I know I didn't get my first choice and ironically had to pay more for a little bit smaller tire.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but I was told 35's will work without a level. I plan to try it whenever I need new tires.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but I was told 35's will work without a level. I plan to try it whenever I need new tires.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
It'd be pretty close. But you might be right.

I don't think a full 2-2.5" lift is required, that's for sure. Because with a level the truck actually looks like it SHOULD have 35's! :)

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
View attachment 156576 I’m running 305/70R18 on factory wheels. Thy are basically 35x12 and they do not rub. I have a 2.5” front spacer.
That's what I meant. Your truck looks exactly how it should. Very nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put on 275/65/20s with a 2" front level (strut spacers) - no issues. The tires are 34" but given that they're LT and E load, the lower tire pressure (44 psi) I'm running makes them look more like a 33" to me...haven't dealt with speedo yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone help? I have a 2014 F150 3.5 ecoboost xlt supercrew 4x4. The tires have been changed to Toyo 35x12.5/17. I have changed the tire size with FORScan (726-45-01) to correct my speedo with no luck. I did fine some calculators on the forums to help with this, but the changes doesn't seem to be working. My speedo is still around 5 mph off. I have been making the changes in the BCM 726-45-01. Original 726-45-01 = 0163-097D-005D , My current changes 726-45-01 = 015D-0AB9-005D. Anyone have any help with this?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can anyone help? I have a 2014 F150 3.5 ecoboost xlt supercrew 4x4. The tires have been changed to Toyo 35x12.5/17. I have changed the tire size with FORScan (726-45-01) to correct my speedo with no luck. I did fine some calculators on the forums to help with this, but the changes doesn't seem to be working. My speedo is still around 5 mph off. I have been making the changes in the BCM 726-45-01. Original 726-45-01 = 0163-097D-005D , My current changes 726-45-01 = 015D-0AB9-005D. Anyone have any help with this?
If I remember correctly there is something that prevents the changes from taking affect on the 11-14 models via forscan or the dealer software. The aftermarket tuner people have cracked the code and can effectively change tire size in the software. So you'll need something like a superchips flashcal to get it done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts