F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, first post here. Glad to be part of the team here.
Anyways, I'm considering putting on an cat back exhaust on my truck, which is a AFE catback exhaust. My question is do I need a tune or cai in order to make it run properly? Or can I just run a cat back and it'll be fine on warranty and all that? Thanks, Robert

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
No need for a tune. Intakes and exhausts don't require tunes, just a couple tools and probably three beers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing to truck. Please post how things went after. I'll be installing a K&N airflow system next week and be posting the results ASAP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2012 f150 xlt eb headlights

I was wondering if anyone out there has installed a projector headlights on a F150 EB and if there are any pro's and con's to them. Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was wondering if anyone out there has installed a projector headlights on a F150 EB and if there are any pro's and con's to them. Thanks
So just my opinion, Ford made these trucks with the current set up for a reason. Countless hours and money was spend on R&D. Projectors well, They're awful. Not very good lighting. If anything buy a good quality led set up you will much happier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for your input. The projector headlight I was talking about have the LED'S in them. They should for the price. Do you have any preferences? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
My experience with aftermarket headlights led to 8 resealing processes, 7 busted bulbs, $$$ of dollars wasted, and 1 annoyed me. I know this isn't typical but it was enough for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the K&N CAI system in my 2012 F150 S CREW EB and it sound great. I took it out on the thruway and immediately saw better throttle response. It was definitely worth the money just to hear the turbo's taking in a lot more air.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I installed some hid's from ebay. That looked awesome. Lights didn't emit as much light as the stock heads. I removed them and am going to buy a better set. I would recommend spending a little extra for the food hid's they put on the higher end f150s

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed the K&N CAI system in my 2012 F150 S CREW EB and it sound great. I took it out on the thruway and immediately saw better throttle response. It was definitely worth the money just to hear the turbo's taking in a lot more air.
So you can a already hear them noticeably With just the intake? That's good to hear I am about to install a full intake system and I am hoping that the intake plus the straight pipes they will whistle like crazy. (They already sound pretty bada** with just the pipes?

·
Registered
13,026 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts

He bought a 4" hearthrob then put a 4 inch straight pipe in the place of the muffler.

that would mean he still has cats and resonator.

·
Registered
932 Posts
i like his idea on the turbo noice but can we run the Eco with straight pipes or would there not be enough back presure
I'm gonna try removing the catback this weekend

'll have the muffler shop weld me a flange with just a drop down tip and see what that sounds/feels like.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
11 Participants
ecostroke
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing