F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pricing is releasted $949.00 list price - I am doing introductory pricing of $875.00 each and if I get 10 orders $25.00 off coupon will be put up.

You can order here:
http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/ATP-Turbo-F150-Intercooler-ATPF150IC.htm

Front mounted intercooler upgrade. Direct replacement stock location unit. Garrett high density cores. Supports 800HP.

1. Stock Intercooler takes only 4.5 minutes to MAX OUT the air intake temp on the gauge. 157 Deg F.

2. After 4.5 minutes on the upgraded intercooler, maximum air intake temp observed is only 118 Deg F.

3. After 5.5 minutes of continuous pulls, the upgraded intercooler only reaches maximum temperature of 132 Deg F. It takes 12 consecutive dyno pulls in third gear to do this.

4. It takes the stock intercooler only 3 pulls (only 55 seconds) to reach the same 132 Deg. F

Conclusion: It does not take very long to heat soak the stock intercooler. In this case, it only takes 3 pulls in 3rd gear (about the same as 1/4 mile through 4 gears).

*Testing done Back to Back while Truck was strapped to the dyno.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I ordered mine a couple hours ago. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Really like this intercooler. Do you have any pictures of it mounted? Still interested, but it may be a couple months before i purchase.

scap99-Sweet, be sure to let everyone know how you like it!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Really like this intercooler. Do you have any pictures of it mounted? Still interested, but it may be a couple months before i purchase.

Absolutely!
I'll take pics and run some logs. Stock and tuned.

Last log I ran, I saw inlet air temps sixty degrees over ambient. That was on one hard pull after cruising around in some light traffic for about 15 minutes.

Reactions: DRock

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
It'll be here tomorrow!!!!
:D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
53 Posts
It'll be here tomorrow!!!!
:D

Sweet! Can't wait to see how you like it. I was looking at it a bit more last night on the website and I didn't realize that on the single outlet side(drivers side, going to the throttle body), where condensation would collect, the mounting stud is evidently threaded through the center. That would make it great for putting a fitting on and running to a condensation trap if need be to catch some of the moisture that has been giving these trucks problems. As far as I know it's the only intercooler out that has that feature?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait to see how you like it. I was looking at it a bit more last night on the website and I didn't realize that on the single outlet side(drivers side, going to the throttle body), where condensation would collect, the mounting stud is evidently threaded through the center. That would make it great for putting a fitting on and running to a condensation trap if need be to catch some of the moisture that has been giving these trucks problems. As far as I know it's the only intercooler out that has that feature?
I'll get some pics of that for everyone to see. I hope it comes plugged because I want it to go in tonight! :beer:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
About an hour to install...wasn't hard, but I went as slow to keep from scratching or breaking anything.

The Vent to Atmosphere is going to make my radio obsolete! :cool:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts

I've only got about 4 miles on it, but I can tell you this truck wants to dance!! Light throttle, 1st gear revved out to about 2800, and when it hit second, I got a tiny scratch...Full throttle is going to be a face melting experience.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've only got about 4 miles on it, but I can tell you this truck wants to dance!! Light throttle, 1st gear revved out to about 2800, and when it hit second, I got a tiny scratch...Full throttle is going to be a face melting experience.
That's awesome! how's temps now?

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks great! I really really like this intercooler, and especially the little plug in the mounting stud. Thanks very much for the pics mounted up. Very curious about how it performs. I tow pretty often, so i'm sure my eb would love breathing cooler air.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
That's awesome! how's temps now?

I haven't logged it, yet...but I expect it'll be a lot better than stock!!

It sounds crazy, but it seems stronger just cruising down the street.

Reactions: DRock

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Looks great! I really really like this intercooler, and especially the little plug in the mounting stud. Thanks very much for the pics mounted up. Very curious about how it performs. I tow pretty often, so i'm sure my eb would love breathing cooler air.
I saw crazy high temps just driving mine on the stock intercooler, so this would be ideal for towing!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I haven't logged it, yet...but I expect it'll be a lot better than stock!!

It sounds crazy, but it seems stronger just cruising down the street.

That's sweet man.. I haven't gotten off work early enough to log mine yet :(allot of overtime for this guy haha

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can the factory blow off valve(bypass valve) still be recirculated or will it have to be vented to atmosphere? I didn't know if it came with an adapter for running it either way?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Can the factory blow off valve(bypass valve) still be recirculated or will it have to be vented to atmosphere? I didn't know if it came with an adapter for running it either way?
VTA only...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts