F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have received a SCT custom tuned flash device as a gift, and I can not get it to tune my truck. I plug in the tuner and turn key on off ETC. I receive a code that pops up saying "upload stock failed" " error 1017" the truck has never been tuned in the past, and I really would like to get it tuned. any suggestions on what to do or where to start on this problem? I really would appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
862 Posts
You did run through the device instructions, right? Seems to me there should be far more to it than plug in, turn the key on/off etc....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I seem to remember the need for the tuner to know the current strategy thats in your PCM in order to load a custom tune that will work. Its been a few years so im not certain, but the question I would have would be ... How would the person that loaded the tune get that information without you supplying it? I doubt that this is the reason you cant proceed but if you do get that part sorted out, Id be skeptical of any CUSTOM tune loaded onto the device without having that info available!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts