F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've driven an F-250 with the 6.2L pulling a 25' flatbed, dual axle trailer completely loaded down and it is not fun with that motor. I'd be on the interstate doing about 70mph and whenever I'd have to go up a hill the transmission would downshift into 2nd gear to get over the hill. I also would have to make sure I never passed a fill up station without stopping. I did the same thing with the 6.7L and it was like a dream come true. Power out the wazoo and even though I always kept 6th gear deleted, going up hills it never downshifted beyond 4th to get up a hill, and I could bypass fill up stations all day. The 6.7L is a great engine, the 6.2L eh, not so much. I don't know why they don't put the EB motor in a SD. I mean, it has more horsepower and the same torque output as the older 7.3L Powerstrokes. When I bought my ecoboost, I was looking at getting into a diesel, but with as little as I tow I couldn't justify the extra cost so I test drove a few ecoboosts and bought the truck I have now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.