F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With over three times the volume of your truck's factory intercooler, the Wagner EVO EcoBoost intercooler is one of the most powerful 3.5L aftermarket intercooler kits that you can possibly find for your truck. This powerful system bolts on right in place of your stock intercooler and uses a powerful "Competition" dual-core design with specialized internal turbolators that give your truck a huge boost in cooling efficiency for huge power gains. Even though the Wagner intercooler features a massive size, the system was carefully designed to maintain air pressure throughout its cores and ensure that your truck's turbochargers are delivering a huge amount of cool charge air right to your 3.5L EcoBoost V6.

Wagner offers a 2011-2012 Intercooler and a 2013+ version, the difference is the 2013 has the blow of valve mounted to the intercooler.

We will have the 2011 version here at the end of the week to do testing and dyno runs on our 2011 Project Ecoboost F150.

2000010272011-2012f150ecoboostwagnerevointercoolerupgrade1.jpg 2000010272011-2012F150EcoBoostWagnerEVOIntercoolerUpgrade2.jpg 2000010272011-2012F150EcoBoostWagnerEVOIntercoolerUpgrade3.jpg

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
How easy are these to install & are they worth it for a truck that has intake. & soon exhaust as only mods. Will not be doing a tune.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
How easy are these to install & are they worth it for a truck that has intake. & soon exhaust as only mods. Will not be doing a tune.
Easier than spark plugs...
Being how north you are, I'm not sure how much you'd gain. I live in an extension of hell (Houston) where it might hit freezing for all of 8 minutes a year...and summer temps will melt glass. In my case I had to have it. Intake temps in traffic were horrendous.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Easier than spark plugs...
Being how north you are, I'm not sure how much you'd gain. I live in an extension of hell (Houston) where it might hit freezing for all of 8 minutes a year...and summer temps will melt glass. In my case I had to have it. Intake temps in traffic were horrendous.
Have you noticed your intake temps drop while in traffic since your IC install? I'm in the same situation, running down the road @ 70mph my intake temps are at or slightly above ambiant temps but when in traffic they sky rocket...

Thanks,
MWW

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Have you noticed your intake temps drop while in traffic since your IC install? I'm in the same situation, running down the road @ 70mph my intake temps are at or slightly above ambiant temps but when in traffic they sky rocket...

Thanks,
MWW
I still get heat soak, at crawling speeds, but it takes longer and recovers much faster as soon as I get rolling

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
admit. Canada is better for the ecoBoost HaHa or Russia I guess

1 - 10 of 10 Posts