Discussion Starter #1

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are there any other sizes in the 20's I have an FX2 with a 2.5 front leveling kit I can not run 35's but love the way the tire would look on my white truck with red badges
Thanks
HOWFX2

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
How do these tires stack up?
I always thought that General tires were a cheaper alternative to the more expensive yet reliable tires.
How do they wear, any experiences?

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
That's very 80's!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Actually the comment is mid to late 70's for me..... In my opinion back then General tires were crap. How are they today? I sure don't know and from my experience back in about 1976 I still won't buy them. General tires might be just fine now.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Actually the comment is mid to late 70's for me..... In my opinion back then General tires were crap. How are they today? I sure don't know and from my experience back in about 1976 I still won't buy them. General tires might be just fine now.
That is what I'm wondering.
I do see vehicles with them but never on anything new, always old beaters.
I've always tried to put a good quality tire on my vehicles even if they were not in good shape. Next to good brakes it probably the most important thing. IMHO

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
My reference point for General tires starts (and finished) in the early nineties, and aligns perfectly with your opinions....
But, that was so long ago and you rarely even find 15" rims on full size trucks today...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are there any other sizes in the 20's I have an FX2 with a 2.5 front leveling kit I can not run 35's but love the way the tire would look on my white truck with red badges
Thanks
HOWFX2
LT315/50R20 32.4 (tall)

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest I don't know a ton about the wear on these. I rarely keep a truck long enough to figure that out. I really like the tread pattern on these. I will post pics next week when I get them in stalled with the new wheels.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
I put a set of 215/55/18 on my caliber. General altimax rt 43. Seem decent. Little loose on hard wet corners. Only got 7500km on them tho so can't say about.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I bought the general grabber AT2 for my 06 Ranger. They have the same tread design as the BF Goods all terrain. But cheaper. BF is all namey now. Probably a good product but you are paying for the name IMHO. The grabbers were awesome for me because they are a harder compound but had the snowflake on them. Called a 5 season tire. Snow rated & not soft in the summer to wear out quick. Fall of 09 til the summer of 12 I had my Ranger before I up scaled to the EB. Tires stuck on the back country road. The highway with no noise & never once got stuck in the snow. These red letter ones are expensive & I'm not sure if it's the dye they use or just because they rock. I've seen one guy around town with them on his yota.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts