F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hi. I Just want to say hello to everyone 😊 and I need some help with my vehicle... Check engine and some errora came 😭 can i drive as normally? I have apointment with workshop... But they say i must wait 2 weeks becouse thet have a lot to do... With kind of problem it can be? Just solenoid or something moore? 😭 Thanks guys for help..

Attachments

When was your last oil change? How long do you go on oil changes? I saw a post on here not long ago about a guy who had a similar code about the cam position. Said he had the oil changed and the codes went away. After about 6000 miles or so, the codes came back. Changed oil again and the codes went away..

I might not have all the info correct, but it was posted not long ago here.... Dunno if it's the same deal or codes as you are having, but just seemed similar..

Good luck! Mitch

That’s one of those specified intervals that most owners will simply tell you is wrong regardless of what the minder will tell you. 8,000 miles is a long time between oil changes. I think most on this forum will tell you they change anywhere between 3,000 and 5,000 miles.

Yeah, I set my oil change to 100% every time... Drops 10% for every 1,000 miles driven. Does not matter if it baby it or am towing my #7000 TT.. Always set for 10k miles... ha, ha... I'm an old dude that grew up with oil cans you had to have a spout you pushed into the top to get the oil out! You changed oil every 3,000 miles and had to change your spark plugs every 12,000 miles, set points and on and on...

I've come to the conclusion that the computer has no idea how the engine is worked or not... It just wants you to change it eventually! ha, ha... I think it's called "Planned Obsolescence?

Anyway, I change my oil between 4-5,000 miles.. Rarely get to 5,000 before I feel I need to change it.. Pretty cheap really... I do my own oil changes, so that makes it cheaper... But, in the end, oil is cheap.. A new engine.. Not so much... :)

Mitch

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I have enought money... Belive me 😉 but i have a couple of vehicle with one i was buying brand New also 😉and å couple of time i was in workshop with a question to change the oil... And they say.. Z. Computer will show You and You have to Come to get an apointment a little before... As 10 or 15 % before... Heh

It's not so much the amount of money you have... If you have enough $$, you pay people to do your stuff.... Yes, I do that too for a lot of things myself.... :)

When I bought my truck brand new back in January 2014 (yes, it's a 2013, but it's build date is 10/13) They offered me a free "oil change" program for life if I paid some fee up front... I read thru the paper work and it said something to the effect that it would have to be at or near the 80% mark on the meter for oil changes..

I didn't like that, so declined.. They did give me a free first time oil change coupon when I eventually did buy the truck (without the extended warranty, or the oil change deal, or the new tire deal BTW)

I did take it in when I got to around 1000 miles on the new truck.. I checked the oil level all the time, and it was fine.. They said to me, "you only have 1000 miles on the truck? You know you can to go 10,000 miles on an oil change..."

I said, "well, I just want to get the free oil change done now, since it IS a new engine. Is that OK?" They did the free oil change.. They really could not say that I needed a new air filter or trans fluid or any of the other stuff they try to sell you when you take it into service... ha, ha...

It took them an HOUR to get my truck in and out. They put their sticker on and the paper work had it printed that they put in 5W20 Motor Craft semi syn oil... But, they crossed out the 5w20 part and hand written "5w30"... Okay, I know it was supposed to have 5w30 in it... Took it home, thought about it, and checked the oil level...

Well, it was way over the FULL mark. I got my vacuum pump out and sucked out a full QT of oil to get it right.

Then I drove it for another week and it kept eating at me about the 5w20 on the invoice, crossed out, and the overfill just didn't sit well..

So, I changed the oil myself the next weekend... Used Pennzoil Platinum and a MC 500 filter and have not looked back.

Been doing it myself since then, even thou I can afford to pay someone else to do it, I just feel better when I do it myself.. Plus, I get to use some of the 40 year + supply of tools I've acquired to some extent! Spend some time in my "MAN CAVE" aka, garage, and the wife does not bother me...:)

I've also changed out the other fluids in the truck over the time and it has some 87k miles on it now and has only been in the dealer for the 2 recalls on it so far.. (the brake booster thing and the trans shift thing).

Oh, each time I took it in for the recall... They said, "you don't have an oil change sticker?" I say, yes, that's because I change my own oil and do most other maintenance on the truck.. Yet, on their "complementary safety check list" they always seem to say I need some other "service soon" notation...

Yes, long post and rant...

Mitch

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Yes... It is in this post some answer for mu questions? If You want to deal... The truck i use to drive and work... Work for the customer with carpenter Job, tiles Job, Electrician Job etc. I work 15 hours eath day inkl. Saturday and su day... Belive me... I have money... The vehicle i import from USA.. not Long from Milwaukee... I live in Norway... Zzbd belive me... I have not so much time.. Bout i trust that what is in description... I can change oil w every 5 000 km. About 3 000 miles.. But where is the risen to do it? I love mu vehicle. I take care about everything. But i didnt knew this info in software is wrong.... Sorry for that, but I belive it happen not becouse of change oil every aprox. 13 000 km...

Discussion starter · #13 ·
This is for example : SSM 48445 - 2017-2018 F-150, 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator - 3.5L EcoBoost - Ticking/Tapping Or Rattle Type Noise On Start Up After A Cold Soak

II can change oil wvery 1000km. If if the factory do a poor job It will not help to change oil. I think 😉

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.