F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and been looking over the forum for the past month or so. I know this is the F150 section but the Expedition forum seems dead and lacking information on these mods. I have a 2015 Expedition Platinum in 4x4. Currently refreshing and upgrading the suspension and brakes. Next will be power adders.

I'm looking to do the following mods plus any supporting mods that needs to go with them:

-AMS or Full-Race downpipes
-AMS or Full-Race intercooler upgrade
-Garrett powermax turbos
-Tune (dont know through who yet)
- CR Performance exhaust manifolds

When shopping these parts, do I just order parts under the F150 items? If so, is it the 2011-2014 or 2015-2016 F150? I worry the intercooler and downpipes might not fit directly to the Expedition. I'm sure the turbos fit though.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
New here and been looking over the forum for the past month or so. I know this is the F150 section but the Expedition forum seems dead and lacking information on these mods. I have a 2015 Expedition Platinum in 4x4. Currently refreshing and upgrading the suspension and brakes. Next will be power adders.

I'm looking to do the following mods plus any supporting mods that needs to go with them:

-AMS or Full-Race downpipes
-AMS or Full-Race intercooler upgrade
-Garrett powermax turbos
-Tune (dont know through who yet)
- CR Performance exhaust manifolds

When shopping these parts, do I just order parts under the F150 items? If so, is it the 2011-2014 or 2015-2016 F150? I worry the intercooler and downpipes might not fit directly to the Expedition. I'm sure the turbos fit though.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance
You want an 11-14 intercooler and downpipes i believe. I know the stock location intercooler is a direct swap from the 11-14 F150 since I looked up to see if my old AFe would fit my dads 2017 Expedition.

I do not know about the Full-race intercooler since it is a front mount and the grill and everything is different on the expedition. I supposed there could be clashes.

The manifolds and turbos would be the same as the 2013-2016 F150’s. 2011-2012 had different turbos for sure and I believe the manifold may be slightly different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want an 11-14 intercooler and downpipes i believe. I know the stock location intercooler is a direct swap from the 11-14 F150 since I looked up to see if my old AFe would fit my dads 2017 Expedition.

I do not know about the Full-race intercooler since it is a front mount and the grill and everything is different on the expedition. I supposed there could be clashes.

The manifolds and turbos would be the same as the 2013-2016 F150’s. 2011-2012 had different turbos for sure and I believe the manifold may be slightly different.
Thank you! This was very helpful.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I wouldn’t necessarily spend the extra cash on the FR intercooler. It’s a nice looking kit but you will definitely have problems with installation. I would stick with a stock replacement intercooler like CVF, Wagner, AMS, etc.

Most of these intercoolers use the same core and charge a premium for it. Exception being Wagner with their T&F design. Overall they perform just about the same.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Thank you. I never heard of CVF so I'll look into them.
I have the CVF and it is a very good unit.

I had the AFe Intercooler and it was a pile of crap. Not only does it not perform well but it is probably the most expensive intercooler out there besides the Full-Race unit.

Reactions: Atl3128
1 - 6 of 6 Posts