F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is possible to get the OEM navigation to allow you to enter stuff while driving. Thanks

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Haha. Nope! Even the Sync Destinations app will not let you use it while driving. You have to be doing less than five miles per hour.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I was wondering if it is possible to get the OEM navigation to allow you to enter stuff while driving. Thanks Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk
It's retarded. You can go through your phone book, your music library, etc. But no navigation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn I'm ordering an fx4 on Monday I guess I won't get the GPS and invest in an aftermarket unit like a high end Kenwood.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know about the 2013 Nav systems, but in my wife's 2012 Explorer Limited we had a lock-pick installed which allows full use of system while driving. Made it a lot easier for the wife to put in / look up addresses while I was driving when we were house hunting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It is a drawback, but I do like how everything is integrated. I have not owned a vehicle before with this type of system. Love not having to lug around another piece of equipment.

2013 FX4 Sterling Gray, 3.55 gears, Rino liner, Bed extender - bone stock -for now......

·
Registered
244 Posts
You can do everything except a destination. You can search for poi and other stuff. But it won't let you enter the turn by turn menu

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Darn I'm ordering an fx4 on Monday I guess I won't get the GPS and invest in an aftermarket unit like a high end Kenwood. Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk
If I could do it over again, I would nix the nav. A portable Garmin is a better nav unit.

Also the upgraded stereo they make you get with it is not really that nice IMO.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Voice commands work while moving.

....if you can get it to work!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I could do it over again, I would nix the nav. A portable Garmin is a better nav unit.

I agree about Garmin, I got a Kenwood 9990hd in my car already, it uses Garmin.

On a side note I'm going to look into this lock pick.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
523 Posts
Voice commands work while moving.

....if you can get it to work!
I can confirm this as well. This is what I use.

To make it easy. I like easy. Using the smart phone app SYNC destinations. Send the destination to Travel Link Services.

Get in the truck start it, press the voice button. Say SERVICES, the system connects tells me that SYNC destinations has sent me a destination would I like to use it? Say YES. Travel Link sends the destination to the truck. Once complete, hit the voice button, say SET AS DESTINATION. Done. Takes about 30 seconds start to finish, never touching the screen or being inhibited by any lock out mode.

I've done the voice command to a destination city, then street address by using the voice command with mix results.

I've had the NAV unit not locate the address. Then I have get to tossing explitives of which the SYNC system oddly can't comprehend. Had to get a Travel Link operator on the phone to send the address I wanted to the system. Likely the NAV SD card version 1.4 isn't as up to date as it needs to be.

I'm sure there are other ways to voice command it by using previous destinations in the NAV unit itself.

·
Registered
41 Posts

That's just ne more reason I chose to NOT get the factory nav system.

Love my Garmin (Zumo 665 for my motorcycle... or anything else, like my truck)

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Darn I'm ordering an fx4 on Monday I guess I won't get the GPS and invest in an aftermarket unit like a high end Kenwood. Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk

or buy a new truck that lets you mod

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts