F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good replacement headlight bulb for the stock headlight? Something a little brighter? :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased the Sylvania ZXE's and found they had a wider view but were only a little bit brighter than the stock bulbs on my 2012. I had the Ultra's in my previous truck and they seemed to be a lot brighter and wider than the stock bulbs. I read that the ZXE's were supposed to be better and brighter than the Ultra's, so I tried them but was not overly impressed. I may go with HID's. I came across some that have lifetime warranties on the bulbs and ballasts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hoping to revive this thread. Anyone else replace headlight bulbs? Impressions? The standard headlight housing on my 2013 but out a good patern, but the stock halogen bulb is not very bright on dark country roads.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I have 2012 & got off eBay a month ago for $70 the piaa extreme white plus 4000K. Not bad. But better than stock for sure

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I put the PIIA Extreme white in and it made a big difference. I'd say 30-50% better then stock bulbs.
FYI I also replaced my fog lights with LED bulbs. Don't waste your money going LED , definitely a looks good factor but that is it. No better visibility, in fact it may be worse.
I'm going to go to yellow H11 55watts bulbs for winter driving then switch back after.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is this a direct "plug and play"? How was the installation?
Yes, it is plug and play. You must secure the ballasts to some surface. Use either velcro or 3M double stick tape. I prefer velcro in case you ever need to move or change a ballast. Should not take more than a few minutes. I have not installed a set in a truck but have installed several sets into Harleys for myself and friends. They are nearly as good as the newer (and far more $$$), LED head lamps.

·
Registered
280 Posts
So are the PIIA Extreme bulbs still the best replacement option for the lame halogen lights? Do these bulbs last very long?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
There is a company on F150forum selling Lifetime LED h13 replacements that have good reviews over there. They offer them in standard and High output. Supposedly better and crisp cut off unlike running HID in a halogen housing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
winchested
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing