61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I left it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I purchased my used 2014 F150 Supercrew King Ranch, there was a big disappointment with the Sony stereo system. Previously I had a Mazda CX-9 with the Bose system, which had fantastic sound. So I read this thread and added the Polyfil to the subwoofer in an attempt to improve the weak low end. Well, that was probably the easiest and cheapest modification I have done in my life. The low end is much more solid now and the entire system has a richer sound.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Definitely worth the $4 & 10 minutes, still not aftermarket level but that's a whole lot more time & $

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just did this and is it me or I didn’t notice a big difference

·
Registered
127 Posts
After reading online I may have put to much polyfil in my sub enclosure. I ad to push the sub down while I screwed it back in. After work ill take some out and try to just fill it around the magnet with out forcing it shut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been told that, once you defeat the factory bass roll-off, it's not a bad system.
Old thread hoping to resurrect...can someone explain how to defeat the bass roll off? Been looking to accomplish this, as it’s really bothering me that I can’t jam like I used to. (Had a Titan with Rockford factory system that was pretty bad).

Hope someone has some pointers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just an inquiring mind. I am just curious what you are trying to accomplish? What issue were you having? What is bass roll off as well?
There is a fair amount of sound engineering that goes in to designing components, and the void within the sub box has a purpose...
Found 2 good reads to justify the space. Maybe it's not the airspace in the sub that you should be countering BUT the density of the exterior. Maybe a more solid housing to reduce vibration?
Again...I don't know, I'm curious about the situation.
Thanks guys.

Read 1;
How to Calculate Speaker Box Air Space

Read 2;
Watch "Subwoofer Box Volume - Car Audio Basics - CarAudioFabrication" on YouTube

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok...just read the description of "bass roll off" mentioned by the gentleman above my last post. Like I said, curious mind so i needed to know🤔
I'm thinking my box material density comment is irrelevant?!? LOL
What I found out is that the answer is way above my pay grade, and that it's just one of those things in life that I dont need to know. LOL.
Cheers, Sadz.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok...just read the description of "bass roll off" mentioned by the gentleman above my last post. Like I said, curious mind so i needed to know
I'm thinking my box material density comment is irrelevant?!? LOL
What I found out is that the answer is way above my pay grade, and that it's just one of those things in life that I dont need to know. LOL.
Cheers, Sadz.
Me too my man...I just know that when I turn up the bass to get a little more kick, at higher volumes, you can literally hear the stereo go quieter right at a bass thump. Now, if I turn the bass down and volume up, this doesn’t happen. Something about the way the system is configured or programmed. Seen a lot of chatter that it was possible to eliminate that issue without replacing the speakers, using FORScan but nothing 100% on how to actually do it. There are codes to change in certain modules, etc etc. haven’t read a thread with an explanation on what was actually changed, or a thread confirming that it actually makes a difference.

Anyway, I have FORScan and the OBD 2 module. Will tinker with it and post back if anything comes of it, so long as I don’t accidentally cut the red wire and blow sh*t up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,977 Posts
Front left and right are full range, so you should tap signal for sub there and not the rear speaker wires and the bass rolloff can be addressed using a DSP or an Audiocontrol unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One thing I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone try yet on this sub box is to mount a piece of fiberglass to the floor right under the box so the carpet doesn't eat all the sound up. Going to grab a piece of plexiglass from home depot or lowes, drill 2 holes in it for the box to mount through and throw some rubber washers on the top side.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts