F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw it before I joined the group but now I can't find what I am looking for.

I recently purchased a new 2016 F 150 XLT that did not come with bed lights installed so I ordered the factory wiring haring harness and picked them up a couple days ago. Is there a thread or does someone have the install instructions so that I can do this properly?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
728 Posts
There are like three harnesses, a switch, adapter plug and two lights. The entire kit is part no. FL3Z-13E754-A if you want to verify you have all of the parts. The box it comes in should have a decal with a web address for the instructions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all the parts. The box has info about a website for the dealer tech but it requires a Ford password and username.

·
Registered
728 Posts
That would be correct. Ford saving money over printing instructions. I am still looking for one of the boxes to get the label info off of. What I can tell you is once it is all plugged in you have to get a Ford dealer to connect the IDS to your OBD-II port and enable the lights so the switch will power up.

·
Registered
728 Posts
This harness replaces the one in your truck already. As in remove the one currently in your truck and replace it with this one. The brown and green connectors are for the left and right tail lights. The three connectors in the middle are where the back up camera, etc plugs in under the middle of the bed. There is a second harness which runs between the two lights. Let me see if I can get a photo to come out showing the connection of the switch to the middle part of the harness.

FL3Z13E754A_Main_Harness.jpg

·
Registered
728 Posts
This harness goes on the driver's side. One plug to Light. Small plug to the switch. Then into the harness. FL3Z13E754A_DriverSide.jpg

This one goes to the lamp on rear passenger side and then the harness. FL3Z13E754A_PassengerSide.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts