F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there holes behind them? I was thinking of removing them but not if there is holes. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
is there holes behind them? I was thinking of removing them but not if there is holes. Thanks in advance.
no holes behind the ecoboost badges on the doors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
510 Posts
First thing I did was remove mine. Green and blue sign on a red truck? Really, Ford????

·
Registered
68 Posts
Removed mine from the fender sides and put one on the lower passenger side tailgate

·
Registered
360 Posts
Gone from mine too, as would be the F150 badges if they didnt have holes in the body behind them. Big gaudy chunks of plastic, what a great idea. :mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, I try and have a clean look.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I replaced my F150 badges with the black and red ones from the appearance package - it really pops on Oxford white and matches the FX4 decal.

Removed the ecoboost door emblems and ordered a small, black ecoboost emblem from the Lincoln MKS for the tailgate.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I replaced my F150 badges with the black and red ones from the appearance package - it really pops on Oxford white and matches the FX4 decal.

Removed the ecoboost door emblems and ordered a small, black ecoboost emblem from the Lincoln MKS for the tailgate.
That's what I did! I'll be putting it right under the 'F150' badge on the tailgate. I stripped the ones off the side and plan on ordering the Billet Badges 3.5L Twin Turbo badges with a white background.

Although I didn't change to the black and red badges.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
What was the best way y'all found to remove the ones on the doors?

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Cool I'm going to try taking them off. Don't like em on the doors. They are delaminating anyhow. The one on the tailgate ain't too bad.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I wonder why some model of trucks & maybe the country they are sold have the badges in different places. Mine is a 12 XLT & 2 on the doors. I just drove by on my way home tonight & saw a FX4 with an appearance package & they only had on on the tail gate. I will be taking mine off this winter hopefully. I need to figure out how to mount the license plate in the middle like the V8s so when I blow by them ricers, they wonder what truck just pink slipped them

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What was the best way y'all found to remove the ones on the doors?
Fishing line to cut in between the badge and the double sided tape.
Then just get an edge of the tape started with your fingers. Stretch the tape while holding your hand as close to flat against the paint as possible. The tape will just stretch and release in one big piece.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Fishing line to cut in between the badge and the double sided tape.
Then just get an edge of the tape started with your fingers. Stretch the tape while holding your hand as close to flat against the paint as possible. The tape will just stretch and release in one big piece.

Just read. Billet badges hints & tricks. Get the blow dryer to warm up the glue. It will help wonders

1 - 15 of 15 Posts