F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share my story:

Bought my truck 3 weeks ago and love it. Detailer pulled the truck up front and there it was in the shining light...a huge dark spot that I didn't see before while test driving etc. I had my salesman document it and we filed a claim to Ford. Ford has approved it and will pay to have the door painted to match. The dealership has also promised to throw in something extra for my troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
I see it. Just to the right of the step side mount, follow a line straight up, and the door skin rolls vertical. Right there. Almost like there's no metallic in that spot.

I've got some small imperfections in mine with the Platinum White sparkle. Almost like 20 big drops of big sparkle are splattered on my hood. Two pieces of trash in the paint. No biggy. Something only I would ever see or discover.

Good that you saw it.

I did have an original OEM wheel with a considerable gouge from the factory near the lug nut. I found it on day three of ownership when washing it for the first time. I just chalked it up and accepted it. Little did I know in the warranty it states that if you find any OEM workmanship issues within seven days of taking delivery, take it back to your Ford dealer for a warranty claim. Pays to read the stinking manual! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what the tech said, that it appears the paint had no metallic or it's a heavy spot from the robot resetting at that point. I just hope the door blends with the rest of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts