F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with my Factory remote start (built in to key). It has been working for 5 months and all this week when i go to remote start it... nothing... However today it honked the horn... I read that the honking of the horn meant that one of the doors was ajar and not closed all the way. i walked all around my truck. all doors completely shut and hood completely closed. i have parked in the same area as before nothing has changed there and distance has always been the same + or - a foot. but all week till today it didnt even do a thing, i can see the truck from my living room window and it wouldnt even lock or unlock either... but if i walk right up next to the truck itll remote start, lock, and unlock fine. thats standing within 1-3 feet. anyone else have this issue? the key fob battery cant possibly be going dead already.

I will try to use the other key fob tomorrow to see if it does the same thing.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am going to guess it is the battery as I had the same issue on one of my Key fobs... Once I snapped the new battery in it was back in action no worries... Another thing I found is if the key is left in the ignition but in the off position and you try to remote start it nothing happens...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to guess it is the battery as I had the same issue on one of my Key fobs... Once I snapped the new battery in it was back in action no worries... Another thing I found is if the key is left in the ignition but in the off position and you try to remote start it nothing happens...

Thanks!!

Just cant believe 5 months into owing it the battery is already dying. truck was built 2 months before i bought it....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks!!

Just cant believe 5 months into owing it the battery is already dying. truck was built 2 months before i bought it....
The keys sit for a while before they get cut. It's a couple dollar battery and should be good for quite a while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes when I bought my truck it had the same problem, all due to a weak battery dealer changed and no problems since.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have had issues nonstop with my remote start. I ended up opening up the key the other day and finding that there was some kind of grease looking substance underneath the battery between the battery itself and one of the contacts once I wiped that off it has worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had issues nonstop with my remote start. I ended up opening up the key the other day and finding that there was some kind of grease looking substance underneath the battery between the battery itself and one of the contacts once I wiped that off it has worked flawlessly.

Yup sure enough there is some grease on it, ill try that! Thanks!

follow up to my previous post
I used my other key this morning and it worked just fine like usual, so not the truck...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I realize this is an older thread but I have been having a lot of intermittent issues on this. First it only seemed to happen when cold. I would get a 1 or 2 horn honk response. Once the truck was started it would work fine. Dealer had it a few times and couldn't figure it out. Finally, they replaced the engine battery and it worked perfect for a month. Now its doing it again on both fobs. I really don't have time to be married to this dealership. They have an aftermarket that uses an ap on my iphone from Ford but costs 400 bucks. Pretty frustrated. 2013 SCREW Platinum.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I realize this is an older thread but I have been having a lot of intermittent issues on this. First it only seemed to happen when cold. I would get a 1 or 2 horn honk response. Once the truck was started it would work fine. Dealer had it a few times and couldn't figure it out. Finally, they replaced the engine battery and it worked perfect for a month. Now its doing it again on both fobs. I really don't have time to be married to this dealership. They have an aftermarket that uses an ap on my iphone from Ford but costs 400 bucks. Pretty frustrated. 2013 SCREW Platinum.
Same issue, same truck. Original battery in truck. New batteries in fobs. Mine half cranks, double honks, and just blinks sometimes. Decided to say screw it. I am sure once it hits 100F here I will be in complaining about it to the dealer. There is a member here that had his dealer install the 2 way system in his at no charge after complaining enough. BT4Z-19G364-A http://www.ebay.com/itm/BT4Z19G364A-Ford-Kit-Remote-Starter-/271349446003

I'll let you know when I do Ashley!!! :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hi buzz,

I'm happy to help you get this diagnosed. Just send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help.

... I'll let you know when I do Ashley!!! :)
Sounds great, mikemetz82.

Ashley

·
Registered
30 Posts
I get this 25% of the time but it's worse in winter when I need it the most. Took to the dealer when the truck was new and they couldn't replicate the issue (....I'm getting really sick of hearing that). I was told it could have something to do with the the vehicle not recognizing it's in park but nothing was ever done about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi buzz,

I'm happy to help you get this diagnosed. Just send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help.

Sounds great, mikemetz82.

Ashley
Just got back to see this. Thank for the offer. I sent a pm with the info requested.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
My truck went to the dealer yesterday for remote start not working. They changed some kind of harness. Truck starts like a champ now. Took the dealer 2 hrs to figure it out and fix it.

sent from The Truth seeker

·
Registered
19 Posts
My truck went to the dealer yesterday for remote start not working. They changed some kind of harness. Truck starts like a champ now. Took the dealer 2 hrs to figure it out and fix it.

Before we left for Colorado my dealer replaced the engine battery. Worked perfect for a month. The day after I called the dealership to heap praise it went right back to its failing ways. I hope yours is a permanent fix.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

Eco,
Just for future reference, does your paperwork show what part # was replaced?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I just called my wife, she is the one that brought it in yesterday. She said they never gave her any paper work. Usually they give the paper work. I know the service advisor well. So she probably just hurried got it done , so my wife didn't have to wait to long.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
23 Participants
coyconner1983
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing