F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these? I am looking for a taller, more aggressive A/T tire now that i have lifted my truck. 275-65-20. They are by far the most affordable of the ones i have priced. BFG KO's are about 1500-1600 bucks. Falken's are 925 to my door.:confused:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Don't see many out there. You get what you pay for. Half the cost could mean you only get half the life out of the tires.
The one thing I've always put first and foremost is safety, one of the most important things on your truck or car is the tires.
It looks like you have quite the collection of cars topped off with a $40k+ truck, why cut corners with tires.
My .02

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I've heard good things about them, but also heard negitive reviews as well. I was looking at them, but think my next set will be Toyo ATII

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think they are decent tires but they are very heavy. Not sure on your size but in 275/65/18 they are 63lbs which is 24 lbs heavier than stock and 10-12 lbs more than higher quality e-rated tires.

the extra weight affects every aspect of the trucks performance including gas mileage

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put some on my 2013. Went with a 17" instead of the 20" that came on the truck. I prefer a little more sidewall. I went with a 295 70 17. After a couple thousand miles I am very pleased with the tires. Very quiet and they balanced out very well, not much weight needed. I believe they have a 50,000 mile tread wear warranty. For the money I couldn't be happier. Towing with them is much better then the Pirelli Scorpions that came with the truck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had them on my 04 explorer. V8 2wd, drive the truck all winter and never got challenged by snow once

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would get the Trail Grappler for a more aggressive look. Not AT but they are relatively quiet on the pavement and offer smooth ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The 22" Pirelli Scorpions on my 2013 Limited are almost worn out at 15000 miles. I would like to go with a good all round AT tire on the original rims. Having a hard time finding something. Looked at the Toyo ATII but not sure I can get them to fit. Recommendations please!

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
The 22" Pirelli Scorpions on my 2013 Limited are almost worn out at 15000 miles. I would like to go with a good all round AT tire on the original rims. Having a hard time finding something. Looked at the Toyo ATII but not sure I can get them to fit. Recommendations please!
I'm not aware of any A/T tire models produced in the factory 275/45R-22 size but the Nitto Terra Grappler in the 285/45R-22 size is an excellent option to look into. This size is just slightly wider and taller when compared to the factory tire size.

Details: Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

1 - 10 of 10 Posts